Wednesday, July 6

Umm...ok

Sheridan Saved Fiance from Killer Shark
Desperate Housewives star Nicolette Sheridan impressed fiance Niklas Soderblom during their first meeting, when she saved his life by attacking a great white shark which was edging towards him. The actress was admiring Soderblom, then a stranger, surfing in the sea when she observed the shark's fin behind her future love. But the brave 41-year-old risked her life to protect Soderblom from the predator, by racing towards it and punching its face. She says, "Niklas was on a surfboard and there was a huge great white shark that had come over from Catalina. I was doing my daily three-mile swim and I saw this fin and I swam as fast as I could and punched that shark right in the nose, repeatedly. And saved him!"
Call me a scared little B***h or heartless if you like but 'ain't' that much love or humanitarianism in the world that would make me risk life and limb to save anyone from a shark attack. Too bad, so sad. See you on the other side!


TROUBLED PATRIDGE FAMILY STAR AXED FROM RADIO SHOW
Former PARTRIDGE FAMILY child star DANNY BONADUCE has been ditched from his Los Angeles morning radio show after recently undergoing a rehab stint for an ongoing drinking problem.
The ginger-haired actor has co-hosted the breakfast show on Star 98 FM for the past six years, but falling ratings prompted station bosses to axe him.
A spokesman for the station says, "We wish him the best. He's an incredible talent."
Just kick a man when he's down.


Rapper Lil' Kim Sentenced to a Year and a Day in Prison
NEW YORK Jul 6, 2005 — Rapper Lil' Kim escaped a stiff prison sentence Wednesday after telling a judge she was a "God-fearing good person" who regretted lying to a federal grand jury about a 2001 shootout outside a Manhattan radio station.

The Grammy winner was sentenced to one year and one day for perjury and conspiracy a term far less than the three years and seven months sought by prosecutors.

U.S. District Judge Gerard Lynch said he had weighed the public perception of sending a young black entertainer to prison far longer than Martha Stewart, who spent five months in prison and remains under house arrest after a false statements conviction.

Lynch suggested Lil' Kim (real name: Kimberly Jones) deserved more time because she had lied about a violent crime, not a white-collar scheme. He also noted that unlike Stewart, she took the witness stand at her trial earlier this year and repeated her lies.

"You sat right next to me there and stared in the eyes of the jurors, and you tried to charm them and you tried to fake them out," Lynch said.

But the judge also credited Lil' Kim with returning to court Wednesday and admitting she had lied all along to protect members of her entourage.

"At the time I thought it was the right thing to do, but I now know it was wrong," she said, her voice breaking.

Lil' Kim said she wanted to "take complete blame" for the actions of her assistant, Monique Dopwell, who's awaiting sentencing for the same crimes.

She also asked the judge "to consider my entire life's work and not just the days in the grand jury and on the witness stand in the courtroom. I'm a God-fearing, good person."
Lil' Kim, who was ordered to report to prison Sept. 19, left the courthouse without speaking to reporters.

Some fans who showed up outside said they were relieved that the sentence wasn't harsher.
"I'm just excited 'cause it's not that long," said Alfredo Borbon, 22, a waiter who wore a pair of boots with the rapper's name on them. "We can wait; us fans can wait that long."
Poor Kimmie! I really thought she was going to get more time. Martha's career rebounded wonderfully after her jail stint...let's see if the same thing goes for Lil Kim.

Angelina Jolie Adopting Ethiopian Girl
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia -
Angelina Jolie is adopting an orphaned Ethiopian baby girl.

Jolie visited the Horn of Africa nation last week to file her adoption request, accompanied by Pitt and her 3-year-old son, Maddox, whom she adopted in Cambodia, an official said Wednesday.
I'm starting wonder, is there's something wrong with the orphans in the US? Is Angelina privy to some info we're not?

Friends, fans mourn soul balladeer Vandross
The crowds outside the Manhattan funeral chapel stretched a block long for the first of two days of public visitation.

Many fans shed tears. Others sang his hit, "Power of Love," while waiting their turn to file into the chapel.

Nancy Marble came with two of her friends from Boston and were first in line outside the chapel at 6 a.m. (1000 GMT) for the 4 p.m. (2000 GMT) opening of the chapel to the public.
Now that's just a damn shame. Who stands outside for 10 hours to see a dead body? You sound like a fool admitting such fanatic behavior. People are really over the top: crying and carrying on over someone they don't know.

2 comments:

Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

You should read my paragraph about Luthers Funeral...hmmm

Tasha Who? said...

Gah... too much to comment on... If I was the one getting ready to be attacked by a shark, I would definitely be punching one in the nose with the quickness... I just hope that a stranger would have the same kind of survival skills! Li'l Kim got off lucky, but I can't go so far as to say I'll miss her or her... "music"... I don't have nothing much to say about Dooch (LOL)... I actually think that what Angelina is doing is great, mainly because although we definitely have a lot of kids here in the US that need homes, they are much more well off than the children Angie's looking after... that, and I've just heard too many bad stories about ungrateful orphans that friends have adopted before lately... and Lord bless Lutha's soul, but I hate funerals, so you CERTAINLY wouldn't see me sitting outside of one for that long, carrying on like that for ANYONE! Makes me wonder what these people have done to try and get autographs!