Wednesday, January 19

The Village

Has anyone seen the movie The Village? Boy am I disappointed. I just hate it when I am sucked in to watching a film by a very good movie trailer only to discover that the film isn't any good. The Village was so silly, IMO, I can't believe I almost rushed out to see it at the theaters. Whew! Thank God laziness got the better of me.

Since we are on the subject of movies, I highly recommend Friday Night Lights. I had a feeling I'd like the movie but it exceeded my expecatations. It's a based on a true story. What I liked most was they didn't try to over dramatize the story. I definitely suggest you add it to the DVD collection.

I would like to thank Keara, Lynn and Julian for persuading me to watch American Idol last evening. There wasn't much I laughed at during show. However, for those who watched, Mary Roach aka The Possessed One, her segment made watching the show worthwhile. Why was she wearing the same outfit Shaggy wears in Scooby Doo?

I am a big tennis fanactic, if you didn't know. And the first major tennis tournament of the year, The Australian Open http://www.australianopen.org , kicked off Sunday afternoon.

FYI, there's a pretty talented black male player named James Blake. He had a few injuries last year that sidelined him and he's just returning to the ATP tour this year. If ESPN cooperates, you guys should check out his match against Lleyton Hewitt. I'll post the match time if he's fortunate enough to get any screen time.

I had to stay up until 12:30 am Tuesday morning to watch my girl Venus play her first match. She was so focused. She had the match under control then kinda fell apart for a few games. She was serving for the match when things got a little sticky. Her opponent finally decided to play some quality tennis and Venus missed a few makeable shots. When Venus got to match point I thought, "Whew, glad it's almost over." Well, lo and behold, her opponent Eleni Danillidou of Greece really step it up and Venus was broken. ESPN2 lost their feed as Venus lost her serve. AAAGGGG! Oh no! It's 1:30 am and I don't know what's going with my girl. Five minutes to 10 minutes passed before ESPN2 fnally came back online. However, it was a replay of the Agassi's match. Thankfully, they posted a webcrawl stating the scoreline for Venus' match. She went on to win the match by winning the next two games. Finally at peace, I went to bed. Tuesday afternoon they replayed Venus' match and I was very impressed with the way she pulled herself together after losing her serve while serving for the match. She step her play up considerably. Her forehand is always the shot that goes off so players attack that shot. In those next two games, she corrected her forehand technique and smack the ball all around the court.

Don't forget to watch American Idol tonight!

No comments: