Wednesday, June 22

Don't Ask Me For Jack

I have been quietly stewing for over a week now waiting for a certain friend to return my phone calls about the money she owes me. In March 2005 I told her we needed to settle our debt. It had been more than a year since I had loaned her money. Knowing the purpose of the money's usage was business related I chose not to sweat her about her overdue repayment. But recently I felt like I had given her more than enough time to do whatever needed to be done. Thus, a timetable for payment needed to be addressed. In March she told me she'd have the money at the end of May. May passed by and no money. Early June I gave her a friendly reminder phone call and was told that I would have the money 4 days later. Four days has ballooned to 2 weeks and I have yet to hear from her or receive the money. Talk about pissed! How hard is it to call and tell me you don't have it instead of dodging my calls?

In the past three years I have been screwed over by a couple of friends that have renigged on promises made. I've given what they've asked of me but haven't recieve what I have asked of them or what was agreed upon to be given to me. This latest fiasco has me so infuriated that my frustration has boiled over to the point where I now resolve not to do anything else for anybody. I am sick of getting the short end of the stick so often.

DON'T ASK ME FOR JACK...the well is dry...I don't have any more emotional support, encouragement, creativity, time, (the list goes on) to offer.

Lesson of the week: It's NOT better to give than receive.

Word to the wise: Take all that you can...and then some.

1 comment:

Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

LOL...Tragic and sad as this is...it's so true. You are always there for them...but they're never there for you so discretion should be advised. I've learned early that there are 5 things that I don't do with friends.

1. Loan/Borrow money. Go to the bank or that Gary Coleman place and deal with them

2. Loan/Borrow CD'S. Go to the bootleg man on the corner.

3. Work collectively on projects...because if the shit hits the fan the most creative and the most logical thinker gets blamed for everyone elses screw up. I can do bad by my muthafcukin self!

4. Ask for rides. I hop my ass on the bus. Cause bitches always wanna be in your face when they shit is broke but when yours in the shop they are unavilable.

5. Mix friends. The only time I mix friends or have friends together is at one of my funcitons other than that I hang out with friends individually and leave it at that.

Thanks for the post Shawn. It feels good to know that I am not the only one in the box going through something.