Wednesday, March 23

Do I Have To...?

Dread...Anxiety...Nausea...These aren't the feelings that normally surface when I am getting ready for an audition. I am absolutely paralyzed with disgust as I sit here reading this material. What do they expect ME to do with this stuff? This material is dry (lacking humor) and bad (poorly executed). I thought I would feel differently this morning; thought I would be able to give it the old college try but alas I just can't do it (make myself study these lines and prepare to give a killer audition).

It doesn't help that I am not enthused about the project - ladies and gentlemen, Mr. 106 & Park is getting his own sitcom *shaking head!

I guess the real issue is I feel stuck between a rock and hard place. If I don't go to this audition, I lose out on potential work. However, if I go but give a bad audition I lose credibility. AArrrrgghhhhhh!!!

Where is my red 'easy button?' Shoot, I can't find it. Did I let Kenyatta borrow it? I better call her and inquire.

Oh well, I guess I'm gon' continue to sit here with my bottom lip stuck out waiting for my manager to call me back. I'm hoping she says something motivational or inspirational that will compel me to go to this audition. However, I won't be mad at all if she says I shouldn't force myself to go.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Me and my attitude sat for 5 hours before Manager called. Sigh! As I figured, she gave me the extra motivation I needed to get the gears in motion; she appealed to my ego. I know you hate the material but don't worry Shawn, you'll be great. You are naturally funny. You're thinking too much; Go in and have a good time. If you're not right for the part, so be it. I tried to put up a little resistance. However, when she put it like that, how much could I argue?

I'll let you know how the audition went.

3 comments:

markwashere said...

So can I have an autograph now?

markwashere said...

hey, so why i gotta poke you wit a cattle prod to get new blog entries, huh? why? how come i cain't just axe nice one time and then you oblige, take a minute to colleck ya thoughts, and then get to writin'? but noooooooooooo... you got to wait until folks beggin' and whinin' and then i got to threaten to cut you to get stuff done around here. i mean, for real though... why do it gotta take all that?

Chops said...

Where's Shawn??
Blessings to you wherever you are!!
Lambchop~