Sunday, September 11

The Birthday Gift

I have a friend who has decided that her husband is thoughtless and insensitive to her needs and feelings. For the life of her, she can't figure out why he acts the way he does at times.

Readers: Imagine you are a 29 year old woman, 2 years married with a 1 year old daughter. Your husband is your high school sweetheart from age 16. You are in the habit of buying your husband nice things for his birthday and for christmas. Before you married your husband you co-signed for him to buy 2 cars (cause his mother told him she wouldn't). And finally, you pay a majority of the household bills because your husband is in the military and you make more money than him now that you've pased your licensure exam.

With all of the above in mind, what do you think of the gift your 28 year old, loving husband bought you for your 29th birthday?

The gift: A card, a balloon, and a 3 by 5 picture (a candid shot that you took with your own camera) put in a matte, silver-plated, frame (that cost no more than $10) of you and your husband at your prom.

What's the consensus? Good gift? Bad gift?


The Birthday Gift



Tacky
Thoughtless
Not so bad


View Results



If the gift wasn't bad enough, what would say if you asked your husband why his gift was so uninspired and he replied, "It's your mother's job to celebrate your birthday not mine!"

2 comments:

MIZPOWDERPINK said...

I think it's a great gift! Very well thought out and I'm sure she would love it, but not for her b-day. Her b-day gift should be about her and her only. If she is a mom and a wife, she probably doesn't have "me time". Jewelry, spa gift card, music, book...just for her. I think that picture of her and her hubby is great for an anniversary gift or a family x-mas gift.

BTW..just passing through cuz I saw that you love Kim Burrell and Joe, but are you really the guy who played Waldo?

ShellyP said...

If I got a gift like that from my husband I would be expecting it to be a prelude to something more. The gift in itself wasn't so bad cause the picture might have a lot of meaning to them.

The response he gave her, and to be serious about it, was not acceptable.

My vote: BAD GIFT