Tuesday, September 27

Gotta Love Da Kids

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is my Godson Sterling who affectionately refers to me as "Uncky Shawn." Saturday I dropped by to visit and to give him his overdue birthday present. Sterling never ceases to entertain me. He has officially developed into a ham and half. He's not the class clown type with his antics but his natural behavior is very comical. Look at the expression on his face in the above pic. He swears he's a Dee Jay now. His mom bought him some fake turntable toy that has a mic attached and makes scratching noises. It's a mess! He turns on the synthesized beats, starts scratching and shouting things into the microphone.

Throughout the day he treated me to several moments to add to my personal highlight reel. A few recaps:

* He went on a tirade about how he didn't make the football team at his school. He animatedly shared his frustration in knowing some "fat kid" named Jontha made the squad after he was initially cut and never finished trying out like Sterling and the rest of the other kids. I was surprised by his emotion. I'd never seen him that passionate about anything.

* He instructed me on the proper way to receive your food through the bulletproof glass inside of the local Taco Bell

* As we ate lunch he wanted to watch Harry Potter. Before the movie begins he says you're lucky I don't remember this movie or I would tell you everthing that's going to happen Uncky Shawn

* He tried to convince me that vegetarians can't eat french fries.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's great spending time with a kid that isn't a future menace to society. He's definitely enriched my life. I hope I am giving enough to him in return. My mission is to increase my efforts to pour great things into him.

3 comments:

E said...

Cute pictures..:-) Actually vegeterians couldn't eat fries at McDonald's a couple years ago since they reused the oil that they cooked their nuggets in. So your Godson was half right...*LOL*.

Thanks for visiting me site too..:-)

kathi said...

Your concern for this child is awesome, he's one blessed young man. What an incredible influence you have the opportunity to be in his life.
On another note, you have a real talent in expression.

Chops said...

Awww! That's hella sweet! He's a cutie! Uncky Shawn you are too cool!

Chops~