Tuesday, September 20

What Say You?

Here's the deal, I am having an on-going debate with a buddy of mine about fasting and I'd be interested in knowing a few outside opinions.

Presently, buddy is on a spiritual fast with his church. They are specifically eating fruits and vegetables and foregoing meat. As you know I am vegetarian and buddy has been very cynical and critical of my conversion to vegetarianism. Thus, buddy made it a point to share with me that he might give vegetarinism a try after consuming Gardenburger's Buffalo Chicken Wings because he thought they were really good.

I told buddy I thought he was cheating on his fast. How so? Buddy says. I tell him it seems a bit deceitful to be fasting meat but run out to the store to buy a meatless product that tastes and looks like meat. It's a cunning way of not fasting meat as instructed. Of course he says it's not made of meat; so, you're wrong Shawn I am not cheating.

So I put the question to you: Do you think buddy is cheating on his fast? Yes or no! Explain.

2 comments:

Chops said...

I agree with Ms. Maybelline. If he's only supposed to eat fruits and veggies he's cheating.

But in the end I think that it really depends on where your buddy's head is at. Is he subconsciously trying to get his meat thrills by eating a product that tastes like meat, or is he purely just trying new meat alternatives?

Sorry it took me so long to get back up in here! I love the set up and I'm about to start going backwards to fully catch up! Yeah for my DSL at home!! I'm on my way there in a few to LOG ON! Yayyy!

Chops~

Harold Gibson said...

Cut the brotha some slack. He's sticking with the program. The buffalo wings are meatless, made of tofu, if he's trying that hard let's applaud his efforts