Wednesday, April 19

A HOLE IN THE SIDEWALK

A HOLE IN THE SIDEWALK
By Lynn Clark from the book “SOS Help For Emotions”

CHAPTER ONE
I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in. I am lost….I am helpless. It isn’t my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

CHAPTER TWO
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don’t see it.
I fall in again. I can’t believe I am in the same place.
But it isn’t my fault. It still takes a long time to get out.

CHAPTER THREE
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the side walk.
I see it is there.
I still fall in…it’s a habit…but,
My eyes are open. I know where I am.
It is my fault. I get out immediately.

CHAPTER FOUR
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

CHAPTER FIVE
I walk down another street.


Are you still falling into the same hole?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good question.

BTW,

The book is by Lynn Clark;
the poem is by Portia Nelson