* I watched Children of Men yesterday and have no clue what the film is about. If anyone can offer any insight please share. I'm feeling like the film is much ado about nothing. What in the world was that? A friend suggested that I watch the movie 'cause she knows I enjoy sci-fi. I guess with her not being a fan of sci-fi she doesn't realize that all sci-fi films are not created equally.
* Notes on a Scandal was a joy to watch. A sat with a devilish grin on my face waiting in anticipation to see how the story would unfold. Cate was good. I'm a big fan of her work. Judi, however, played the hell out of her character. I was captivated by her creepiness. ;-) The subject matter of the film made me scrunch up my nose a bit. And for that reason, I'll probably never watch it again. But it was a great once-off film.
* Why? Why? Why did Smoking Aces end that way? The ending damn near ruined the rest of the film. I am sure the director could have found a better set up for the ending. I really felt cheated. I think most of you know I have a great disdain for singer/rappers turned actors. Before sitting down to watch the flick I was ready to rip Alicia and Co.mm.on a new one. Then I actually watched the movie. Both turned in good performances.
* Why I wanted to see Bobby I'll never know. Sigh! It wasn't a bad film but it wasn't good either. It was just blah. I love watching those star studded films to see which actors rise to the occasion and which fall flat on their faces. A certain freckled faced young starlet (LL) was bland. I hoped for more. I think she phoned in this performance. Another actor (NC) who has his own MTV show or two was just awful. A waste of screen time.
* A certain blogger suggested that I watch The Pursuit of Happyness, so I did. Grrr!!!! I owe you one for having me sit through that. What a bore! The writing was bad. The lead character wasn't likeable. And my girl Thandie was shockingly bad. That was bad casting. The only positive I can think of is WS was far less irritating than I normally find him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I've never seen Children of Men, but the boys wanted me to watch it saying it was one of their favorites. Kids...
Notes On a Scandal ~ yeah, loved it. And you are so right about the actresses, they were great for this, and Ms. Judy did play her part perfectly.
Smokin Aces ~ felt the same way.
You're so wrong on Pursuit, just so, so wrong. :) And could his (WS) kid act? He was awesome!
you watched all those movies this weekend? wow.
I've only seen POH and I enjoyed it. You have a different perspective since you act...you gotta be critical on everything!
I've only seen Pursit of Happyness and it wasn't that bad. lol The book is better.
Hey! I like Happyness. Do we have NOTHING in common but Bernie? LOL!
Kathi Maybe it wasn't your kids. Maybe it was me.
Pursuit was predictable. JS was good.
Mwabi Yes I am critical. And you know this man! Especially when a film receives a great deal of praise. I have high expectations.
Gardner's story is undoubtedly a great inspiration but as written it didn't make a good film. It was an ok film.
Southern Snoozefest.
Creole Plenty I am sure. What did you like about POH?
So ... are you recommending Notes on a Scandal? I was planning to pick it up today.
Chele Yes. I am recommending Notes.
I watched it yesterday and I loved it. Thanks!
I'm about to watch Notes...I'll be back.
Post a Comment