Friday, June 29

talking

my peeves

1. people who spit their gum on to the ground instead of finding a trash receptacle. at least 3 times this past week I've stepped in abandoned gum as I was getting in or out of my car.
2. people with questionable taste in talent that actually try to engage in me in conversation about why I don't like a particular actor/singer. Seriously, I've been around performers all my life either performing or watching. I see, hear and note things you don't. STOP!
3. talk radio hosts who are prone to laughing attacks while in-studio alone talking to their listeners.
4. america's acceptance and obsession with mobster related entertainment. hearing people heap praise on The Sopranos for being one of the greatest shows in television history is puzzling. Considering the show has a criminal back drop and features criminal behaviors including murder you might think america would have as negative opinion of it as it does for rap music. Some of you may be thinking that's a bit of stretch their Shawn but I see it all the same. Either we, americans, take issue with 'entertainment' that promotes and glorifies criminal behavior or we don't.
5. people who place for sale ads on craigslist but don't return your email. shoot...you're playing with my emotions. i see a good deal and i'm ready to pounce.
6. Isaiah Wa.sh.ington and K.obe Brya.nt. We get it! Shut up already. One of you wants in; the other wants out; you both were lied on and unfairly characterized; yada, yada, yada. We understand you're trying to defend yourselves but it's not coming off very well. Please, for your sakes, SHUT UP!
7. Tyler Perry's feeble defense of House of Payne. That dude can't be serious. The show is terrible. The acting is bad, the writing is bad, the make-up is bad (note: the greying out of the 'grandfather's hair. that's a mess) and the cast is bad.
8. people who kill a story you're trying to share with them by interrupting you with several questions about insignificant details.

6 comments:

uptownflavor said...

LOL...I see old Shawn is back. Imma fixin' to come that way soon.

Anonymous said...

House of Pain! That show is awful.

I hate touching a railing and someone has place their gum on the bottom.

kathi said...

I knew I shouldn't have sent you those links...

Gum on the ground makes me crazy! Lazy, inconsiderate jerks.

SistaSocialite said...

lol at the gum!

chele said...

Dang. You sure we're not related?

CreoleInDC said...

LOL!

HAPPY 4TH!