Tuesday, June 19

Triumphant Return

Yea, I have made a triumphant return to the GYM. Thank god. My gut was getting out of control. You know you have a weight problem when your underwear starts digging into your skin. Yep. That's what happened to me. That's when I finally hit rock bottom and had to have an intervention with myself. "Enough is enough. Have you no shame? Are you gonna let these delicious treats be the death of you? What happened to that vow you made to never get fat? Huh? Huh? Huh?" I smacked myself around a bit and demanded that action be taken. Demanded that I call for help. "You can't do it alone. You've tried it your way Shawn. Let the professionals help you." So, I called for help and fortunately ended up with a decent rate of 29.99/mo with no initiation fee.

Man, I had no idea how poor my conditioning had become. It's been 3 weeks and I am still worn out every day I leave the gym. And let's not talk about how much flexibility I've lost.

I can't workout without having music (of my choice) playing in my ears to hold my attention. I was forced to step further into the new millennium with the purchase of an mp3 player. I never thought that would happen. After a very intense 2-day online search I finally found something to my liking. A 2GB Sa.ndi.isk S.an.sa player. Now, if I can only convince myself to finally buy a digital camera.

Can you believe I am 18lbs overweight? Or, over the weight I think I should be? It's crazy. I have a lot of work to do. Thus far, I've only lost 1 lb. One friggin' pound. How's that for motivation to keep going to the gym? I seriously thought I would have lost 2 lbs after week one. Not 1 lb after 2+ weeks. Hmmph! I see this weight loss battle is going to be an all out war.

9 comments:

chele said...

18lbs? Geez. Glad you took the first step. B called me the other day all depressed because of what the scale told him ... he also joined a gym. He needs to shed about 35 lbs.

kathi said...

Doesn't mean you've not lost fat, babe, just that you're restructuring what you've got. Are the underwear still cutting in? Judge by the clothes, not the loss... I'm proud of you. Most importantly, I'm glad to see you FINALLY post!! Missed you something crazy.

African girl, American world said...

18..thats it! damn you! lol
I am in complete disbelivement (Jade again) that you do not own an ipod or a digital camera??!! For serious? wow and I thought we were closer..lol :=)

CreoleInDC said...

You gotta change your diet too you know. Check out this site for good ideas...I promise this site will become one of your favorite for healthy recipes: www.whfoods.com

WELCOME BACK!

Bernie said...

There's always Celebrity Fit Club!

hehehe

chele said...

See Bernie ... I was gonna mention Celebrity Fit Club but I didn't want to get a cyber smash in the mouth!

Shawn said...

Kathi I'm watching how my clothes fit and checking the number on the scale. In a perfect world the clothes will fit looser and the scale will reward me with a small number.

Mwabi Sorry. iPod and camera weren't a necessity.

Creole Thanks for the tip.

Bernie Already handled you

Chele Ha! I'm glad you knew. I shole had to send Bernie a not-so-friendly email after reading his wisecrack. Yall something else.

SP said...

I'm glad you are finally doing something about it. I was starting to worry whenever I read those "And then I ate the whole container of soy ice cream" posts. I'm heading back to the gym too, so I'll be there with you in spirit!

M-Dubb said...

I've been on the grind all month playboy. I feel you on this. The first week, I just knew I'd drop something, but it didn't happen. Then I started the whole "1500 or fewer calories" thing. I'm down about 15 lbs. The hardest part, I'm finding, is getting started...