Happy 4th! Hope everyone had a blast today.
If you didn't know I am a tennis junkie. It's been quiet around here cause I've been busy watching tennis at crazy hours and searching like a madman for a fairly priced used MAC computer. Many Craig.sl.ist sellers are not responsive to inquiries and eb.ay's deals don't seem like real deals once the auctions near completion. I am determined to find the right unit at the right price. I almost snagged a 60GB macbook yesterday from a CL seller but wasn't completely comfortable with the terms of the deal. The guy was selling the computer for 850 new in the box. He couldn't return to the computer to the store for a complete refund because he lost his receipt, so he said. I tried talking him down from 850 to 700 but he wouldn't budge. I figured 850 was a large liability to take on without any means of recourse in the event the computer was damaged once I turned it on. Apple sells the same notebook with a larger hard drive for 150-200 more dollars plus tax. I just found another deal for used macbook for 950. I am waiting to hear back from that seller. His computer has add'l software that I'll need, i.e. office, and it's still under warranty for another year. I've also got my eye on a few used iMACs but I think I would really be much happier with a notebook. We'll see what happens.
more peeves
1. don't wait until the cashier has given you your total before you start filling out your check. Furthermore, don't wait until the total has been given before you go searching through your purse for your checkbook.
2. don't talk to me when I am at the gym working out. I came to the gym to, guess? Yep, that's right TOOOOO WOOOOORKOOOOOUT you morons. Moreover, if you see my mp3 player dangling around my neck and ear buds in my ears, 10 times out of 10 I am listening to music, therefore, you shouldn't be talking to me 'cause I can't hear you and don't want to speak to you.
I've been inspired to make new t-shirts after my 3 disruptive episodes at the gym this past weekend. "I'm busy! Don't talk to me" and "Please don't speak, I am not friendly."
3. don't ask for ridiculous favors through instant messenger. the least you could do is call but NO you can't have any of my frequent flyer miles. it's not a life or death situation. you're trying to go visit your new out of town bed buddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We are so alike. I think we would make great friends, if either of us were friendly. :)
*lol* I will be first on line for the I'm not friendly tee. Sometimes folks just don't get it. Sometimes I want to enjoy silence. People amaze me having to fill up every second of their lives with sound.
I like the idea for the tee shirts. It could be called mean but then hey aren't some of these folks being rude. I like the I'm not friendly shirt. LOL. Back up off me is another good one.
Post a Comment