Tuesday, July 24

Scattered

1. Guess whose headed back to VA and Merlin? I'll only be in Merlin/DC for a day. Hopefully, nothing too crazy happens. Last year's baggage lost; CVS Praise and Worship experience; and near missed Amtrak train was quite enough.

2. I am not always a man of great patience though I do try sometimes. If there's one thing that really ticks me off, it's people not following through on simple things you've asked and they've agreed to do. I phoned a former friend/collaborator a month ago to propose we sign an agreement outlining a mutual deal between us in the event we sell our tv show idea we created 3 years ago. My simple request: check your email and read the agreement I had drafted then call me so we discuss anything that's not to your liking. He has yet to read the agreement. Everytime I call him and am successful getting him on the line I am fed excuses for his not being able to check his email. Mind you, I originally asked if he wanted me to forward a hard copy of the doc via snail mail but he opted for email.

Now I knew beforehand that it would be a chore to get him to read and sign in a timely manner. I figured it would take a few weeks. But now that's it's been a month or more I am seething more and more as the days go by. The inconvenience to me is I'm stuck in limbo because I refuse to set up a single meeting regarding this project until he and I come to terms. A few years ago, he attempted to renegotiate the terms between us (to his benefit) in the 11th hour when presented with an opportunity to sell a different tv idea we had created. We had a verbal agreement that he didn't want to honor.

I'm not a vindictive man but it's times like these that I fantasize about sticking it to people that deliberately hold me down.

3. How cool. A DVD for the show hits the market next month.



Mick.ey D's will be doing a happy meal toy tie-in. My character will be one of the featured toys.

4. I am supposed to be dieting, I know, buuuuuut Costco has me hooked on their Berry Sundae sold at the concession stand. It's frozen vanilla yogurt with strawberries on top.

3 comments:

princessdominique said...

I've got to get the dvd, whoooohoooo! I wonder if I can preorder it on Amazon?

African girl, American world said...

Yay! I need a signed DVD for my babies. And I will drive to several Mickey D's to find 'you'. LOL.

Now bout this friend...you're being too nice!!

Shawn said...

PrincessD Yea, I bet you can preorder. I wish Warner would release a full box set for the show instead of the multidisc offering.

Mwabi Friend he is not. Former, woman. And don't you forget it. I'm being nice, if you will, to facilitate getting an agreement signed. I HAVE to finesse the situation. I have no other choice at the moment.