I watched BET's SOB and We Got To Do Better last night. Did you?
Neither show was great. Both hosts were terrible especially Charlie Murphy. It was painful watching his segments. He looked uncomfortable. And DL wanted to laugh at his own jokes. Hell I think he did laugh at his jokes a few times. It was rather obnoxious considering his punchlines weren't even funny. Can someone explain the DL pop-up window during the middle of segments? That was rather dumb and more than a bit jarring. The shows lacked crisp, clean from segment to segment. Better editing would make the shows pop, in my opinion.
I can't say that I was disappointed because I didn't expect much from either show. However, BET needs to step it up. If that's the best they have to offer, its not gonna cut it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sorry, didn't see it.
BET is better off just showing video's because the comprehension capacity and learning curve of young black people is dead. All they want is some music to pop their hips and act ignorant. So, give them what they want, some ignorant sounding garbage they call hip-hop.
I avoid BET like it was B.ubonic E.ntertainment T.elevison. But I have watched the development / production debates about "We should do better".
perosnally, Reg needs to get a damn grip and make the station relevent again.
Post a Comment