1. No these fools have NOT started a Pardon Paris petition. Have they lost their minds? No, I didn't happen to catch the tail end of a radio interview that was conducted with one of the petition organizers who said Paris has a ton of fans? Hmm...people are fans of Paris because of....her ability to spend her families money in style? No, no maybe they admire her ability to bogard her way into mega celebrity status usually reserved for entertainers, sports figures and politicians (people who actually have careers) for doing nothing more than being a socialite. Oh, I am sorry. I guess she does qualify as an entertainer. She and her BFF did or do have that reality show. My bad Paris. Anyhoo, her petitioners agree with Paris and her mother's accessment that Paris is being treated unfairly and being made an example of. Perhaps they should hold a contest for her fans and the winner can take her place in JAIL. Or, better yet the winner can co-habitat the jail cell with Paris. Please don't mind me I am just talking out loud.
2. I'm not an old school R&B head so I am gonna need a little help. I'm trying to understand something. I'm noticing that it's common place for current R&B singers (NOT including hip hop acts) to sing songs where "nigga" is a lyric. It always throws me when I am listening to a record and I hear that word blasting from my speakers being sung in melodic, passionate fashion. Is this trend a new school of R&B styling only? Or, was it just as prevalent in older R&B music and I just wasn't aware?
3. I am starting to think the ps.y.chic I visited with a few months ago might've been right about a few things. Who knew? I left the reading laughing my ass off. I had a plan to do a documentary on psychic phenomenon: real or hoax. Yea, I am being serious.
4. I feel great. There's a positive flow going on in my life right now. My creative juices have been flowing consistently for the last 3 weeks. I've finished those treatments, just started another treatment, I have a callback on a project today, the animated show has been going really, really well this season...could this be my season? Is it all coming together? Time will tell.
5. Joe's new album is a disappointment. Most of the uptempo songs are just garbage. He's a balladeer, why does he persist on recording those god awful fast songs? It's not his strong suit. Likewise, Paris Be.n.nett's album is straight up SHIT. I feel bad for her. She's a talented young woman but her music completely misses the mark. Ne-yo's album is not so good. Save for for the tune"Because of You" I haven't been able to listen to any of those other songs. Boo! If you want a good laugh, take a listen to Am.eri.e's new project. The singing is horrific. It's loud, out of tune, and all the songs are bad. She usually has one jam an album. I don't know what happened this go 'round but she didn't deliver. T.ank's new album is a keeper if you like mid tempos.
6. Talk radio really entertains me.
7. Gas prices are too damn high.
8. A friend of mine told me she got pulled over by the calif. highway patrol recently and when she asked the officer why he said it was because she had no respect for him. Apparently, he merged onto a freeway and immediately all of the other drivers slowed down to a snail's pace. She swooped around all those cars and kept driving at the legal limit of 65mph. He didn't like that. To make matters worse on herself, she said she refused to roll down her window completely. She cracked the window about 3 fingers high. LOL! She's going to court to fight the ticket he issued her.
9. Friend is too excited that Hubby is graduating from college this weekend. She's trying to down play it but I can tell she's amped up. She called to fill me in on the family and friends reception she's organizing for him following the commencement ceremony. She doesn't care for his family that much and can already feel trouble a-brewing.
10. Why do these chicks on ANTM always cry and moan in their exit confessional about disappointed they are in themselves because they know they could have performed much better in the competition? I want them to shake up the judging panel. Judging used to be fun to watch. The last few cycles its become a snoozefest with Twi.gg.y on board. I think those two Jays need to be removed from that show immediately, as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
So Shawn who do you think should be judges on ANTM?
No, Ni%%a wasn't a word to use back in the day. Black folx generally used it back then to curse each other, not so much a term of endearment in general population as it is now, sadly.
I often wish this generation had a Marvin Gaye.
Shai It would be great if Janice came back. I thought Kimora was good the 1st season too. I'm gonna hate myself for saying this but I think I'd rather see Nole and his damn dog than Jay and his ruffles. That guy irks me.
capcity Um..was that case in music?
creole You just had to name a drug addict, didn't ya? ;-)
Paris...NEXT!
I don't think "nigga" was prevalent in old school music. I cringed when I heard Beyonce say it knowing she has tons of white fans.
I love NeYo's album. It's not better than the first one but it's good. Amerie is other artist who's making it b/c of her looks. Her looks are getting her far b/c her albums barely sell. Why did I know Paris's cd was going to be awful. Joe always has so so albums.
I would fight that ticket too. What he give her a ticket for...being disrespectful in his eyes? B/c if she was going the speed limit, he couldn't write a ticket for speeding.
I too had a Paris post but took it furthur and compared her pardon petition to Tookie's.
Who got voted off on ANTM? I missed it.
I heard about that petition for Paris, there is one for her and one against her...the one against her is way ahead, lol.
What are you talking about 'treatments'??
Gas is way too high, especially for two cars, I'm losin' it here.
Are you going to your friends hubby's grad party?
that petition is so stupid. Paris did the crime, she should do the time. Her fans....of her gimmicks..what does she do accept party and try to act on that reality show. That sucks.
The industry jacked Paris Bennett. hat's too bad.
ANTM bores me now. The model sent home last week deserved it. How could you not know you are not smiling and why was she begging all those designers last week on her go-see?
Post a Comment