Friday, May 4

Trying New Things

Thank goodness the week has come to an end. The week has been very productive but I am pooped mentally. I was able to complete a treatment for the 2nd reality show concept me and my partner have been working on. Yay me! Its been nagging me that we couldn't flesh out the idea completely. It was strange. The overall idea has been in tact for awhile now but we couldn't think of weekly challenges for the competition style show. That all changed this week. Everything fell into place. Phew!

As excited as I am about knocking out the treatment, the truth is, this week has been about a different project. Jokingly, I jeered Bernie the other day saying he threw me into the lion's den - which he did. It was ugly people! Very, very, very ugly. LOL! But in all seriousness, I owe Bernie many thanks. Because of him I was able to try my hand at something new, something different, something pretty exciting that I'd now like to share. Yesterday, I recorded a "quiet storm" radio dj demo. A lot of my time this week was spent conceptualizing my 'faux' radio program and radio station including call letters; frequency; slogan; station theme music; and playlist. I wanted to be over-prepared for yesterday's recording session.

Please take a minute to listen and leave your HONEST feedback.

DJ Demo

8 comments:

Bballmom said...

Shawn

That's sounds really cool. You should get your own radio show!

Shai said...

That was Smooth, better than Keith Sweat's Sweat Hotel.

kathi said...

Babe, I've told you this too many times to count, but I do so love your voice. I'd listen to anything you did. I agree with everyone here so far, it was a great demo and the call...who was that? Was that a real situation?
Your tone is real, your concern is genuine and your voice is sexy as hell. No doubt you'll do your thing with success. I'm behind you 100%.

You know, if you could call and tell me g'night, every night, all my dreams would be sweet.

Shawn said...

All Thanks for taking a minute to listen and leaving feedback. It's much appreciated.

bballmom Thank you. Now that I have a demo I am gonna work on getting a show

SP Thanks :-)

Shai Thanks. He has a radio show?

Kathi Thank you much! I knew you'd like it. Maybe I should create "wake up with Shawn" and "It's bedtime. Let Shawn tuck you in" CDs. hehehe!!!!

Shai said...

Yeah, here in Detroit it comes on latenight. I laughed when I heard, "Welcome to the Sweat Hotel." LOL. SMH.

ShellyP said...

My honest impression - it was good. It sounded like you were focusing too much on speaking well though. I didn't think you sounded genuine when you were talking to that caller. Loved the playlist.

African girl, American world said...

you already know...

CreoleInDC said...

Your voice is sooooooooooo yummy! That is after I turned the sound back on to listen cuz you got ya boy and Usher on as background music and I just CAN'T listen to ya boy.

Again...your voice is YUMMY!