1. They rescheduled last week's canceled audition for this past Tuesday evening and I'll be doggone, I didn't get the part. I just knew I had it in the bag. I am not gon' lie either, I am miffed. As much as I love doing my voice over work on the animated show I feel long overdue for an "on-camera" role. Sigh!
2. I had a 2-minute standoff in the parking lot at Best Buy over the weekend. I tried pulling into a parking stall only to discover a wayward cart in my way. I immediately backed out of the space with the intent to back up enough to pull into another stall. Guess what happened? The idiot driver behind me wouldn't cooperate. What a fucking moron. As I am trying to back up about 2 parking stall lengths this fool of a driver pulls up behind me and sits idle. I motion with my hand for him to back up. That doesn't work. I motioned with my hand for him to back up then point towards myself then to a stall to our right, what does he do? Turns on his left blinker. I repeat my motion "back up-towards me-to car rightside stall" he doesn't move. We're at am impasse. He wants the stall on the left side a car length head of where I am but can't get around me. I want the car stall directly next to him. Again, I repeat the motioning. What does he do finally? He pulls into the stall where I wanted to park. Fucking dick!
3. I watched Shrek 2 yesterday to prepare for the new Shrek movie and it was much more I remember. When I saw it at the theaters I was not moved. I left feeling extremely disappointed. Perhaps, my expectations were a bit too high at the time.
I also attempted to watch a movie called The Fountain. 50 minutes in, I had to turn that crap off. The story was going nowhere fast. It was painful to watch.
Has anyone seen Stomp the Yard? I watched that vid over the weekend and felt a bit cheated. Visually, they engaged the audience with the dancing and camera tricks but it seems the story could have had a few more complexities. I was left wanting. Now I am left wondering when the next great black film will hit screens? Maybe my memory is just too short but the last few black films I have seen have been watered down, paint by the numbers fluff. I am open to suggestions. If you've seen a great black film recently with a good storyline and good acting let me know.
4. Pet peeve: when people look for an opportunity to offer you an unsolicited negative opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
gWhat happened?? It's past time for us to see you in a more substantial role than Peaches.
People can be so rude!
I think next week we (me and co-workers) and taking off to see a movie so I need recommendations on what to see. First choice is Spiderman 3 but some people have already seen it. Still looking.
There'll be other auditions and we'll get to see your acting on display soon enough. They can't keep a good man down.
As for that parking lot a__hole, if you had gotten out of the car and shown your colors, they'd have said you were wrong. Some people!
awww...you know me and I want to hug you right now but I know you're saying it's not that serious!
They'll be more parts....
What Bernie said. All of it. LOL!
What was the part for? I believe there is a part for you out there, and I'm going to be so excited for you when it finally all comes together. Ditto Bernie.
Parking lot trouble, I think I'm the only person I know that's never had a parking lot story to tell. No problems.
What negative comments are you talking about?
Parking situation like that get me heated as well. I try to let it go so I do not end up killing someone.
I liked Stomp the Yard. I think for its audience (MTV crowd) it provided a bit of background on black frats and their importance in the AA community. Plus, the eye candy. The eye candy was very, very pleasant.
Shrek 2 was terrible. I have heard the same about Shrek 3.
Good luck auditioning. I hope you get something soon!
Post a Comment