Monday, July 24

Back from Comicon

I have made it back from San Diego unscathed. Unfortunately, I don't have any interesting stories to share. Can you believe it? Well, I was on the receiving end of attitude Friday from the rep that checked me in and gave me my badge. I'll audio blog that quick bit later. I didn't really see many unusual freaks. Oh, Berry I did see your boy sans the contestants. As I was walking through the lobby a man, camera crew and entourage breezed by swiftly. One of my colleagues nudged me and said "there goes Stan Lee." I smiled thinking "what are the chances Berry'd tell me to be on the lookout for him and we'd end up crossing paths?"

I heard highlights from the 'con were televised on the G4 network. Someone said they saw a snippet of my show's panel on Friday...don't know how true that is or isn't.

During the panel we, the voice actors, finally got an opportunity to see a clip of our characters animated and I was quite impressed. I know it's going to be freaky to see the animation synced to voice in the near future.

the postcard we signed for the con.



<<<That's me in orange in case you've forgotten















Me sweating during the signing












It was so dang hot inside the convention center while we were signing. However, it was even hotter outside. We were right on the water but instead of the cool breeze you'd expect from typical beach weather it was humid and sticky. Not fun!!!


All parties involved seemed very pleased with the progress of the show. We met a lot of people affiliated with the show that we normally don't see when we record. You can tell they're genuinely enthused about Legion which actually got me even more excited about the show. Let's hope the show does well.

I'm mentally drained right now so I probably won't catch up on things in blogland until tomorrow. My cousin and I had a very heavy conversation yesterday that's still messing with my head. The weight of his words are weighing me down and I can't shake this feeling of sadness. I should be cool by tomorrow. See y'all then.

~Thespian Shawn out

5 comments:

SP said...

Awww, no good stories? I was looking forward to it. Plus you still owe me one!

Lately all of my stories start with "So, we went to have a drink and..." :o) Soon I'm going to have to go with "Lush Sherie"!

Can't wait to see the show when it comes out.

Fresh said...

Sorry to hear you are dealing with drama (real life drama that is). Hope it gets better soon. I see your are really getting those COOL T-shirts exposed. I wanted you get a shot with the character Fat Mama (tooo cool!) Anyway, Yahoo! had some coverage of the convention too. Any comic book writers cross your path?

chele said...

Feel better. Try not to let the convo keep you down for too long. You have a lot of positive things going on ... keep that in mind.

Shawn said...

SP - No good stories...sorry. Oh yea, remind me about the cabbie though.

berry - Yea, my buddy suggested I get wear another COOL tee at the event. Hopefully, people start to take notice.

The Fat Mama character scared me. hehe!

chele - i'm trying to keep my spirits up but at the moment that's a difficult task.

kathi said...

First, I just love pics of you, you're so cute! And guy, the best smile ever. Okay, I know...shut up.
It's been really cool going through this whole process with you, from audition to card signing. I'm really glad to have been a part of it.