Thursday, July 27

I Sat Down

to write about what's been troubling me this week but this is what came out. Go figure. I guess that other stuff will have to gestate a while longer.

1. I ate Kung Pao Tofu from Whole Foods Market yesterday. It was an interesting dish. Definitely not as spicy or flavorful as Kung Pao Chicken and it was not saucy enough for my liking but it was a nice diversion from the regular crap I eat. It was a decent knockoff dish.

2. My absentmindedness continues. Last week's episode was the locked keys inside the car, if you recall. Today, I left my car in drive when I jumped out to pump gas at the local gas station. As I was swiping my credit card through the automated machine the car started rolling backwards unbeknownst to me. I turned around to unscrew the gas cap and realized that my car was getting ready to become a rollaway fugitive. Thank god the door was a slightly ajar. That allowed me quick access to hop inside and hit the brakes; and just in the nick of time at that. My car door was just inches away from being yanked forward by the gas pump. Whew!

3. I was offered the Sidekick 3 for $150 and a 1 year extended T-Mo contract. Wha'chu think? S3 is much better than S2 but I think I'm more excited by the potential of getting a great discount than I am about having a new phone with upgraded features.

4. The authorized dealer I bought my Sidekick 2 from tried not sending me the $50 rebate that they owed me until I called to inquire of its whereabouts today. "Oh I see that the rebate has been approved but hasn't been sent out. I'll send a memo to accounting right now and have them send that out to you right away." mmph!

5. I tried Rice Cream frozen dessert last week and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. I expected it to be kinda nasty but it was very good. I ate the entire pint of Mint Chocolate Chip in one sitting. Yea, I know I am greedy.

6. Its been 4 days since my last sweet/junk food item. I think I might be working myself up towards a stricter diet and exercising again. Its been close to year since last visit to the gym and as much junk food as I have eaten this year I have been fortunate that my waistline has stayed intact.

7. Why can't I force myself to read this book - Chassie West's Killin Kin - I've been carrying around with me for over 3 weeks now? I've reread the opening page at least 4 times. *Groan* My mind is like a big bowl of useless jell-o right now. This heat is kicking my butt.

8. Have you heard about the petition Bianca's fans have signed and delivered to her record label requesting, perhaps demanding, a new video be made for Deja Vu? Fans are pure comedy.

~Thespian Shawn out

6 comments:

Waddie G. said...

I'm thinking about eating Tofu...I'm just scared to eat it because it seems that it would taste very bland...now, Kung Pao Tofu??? I better trying the plain kind first, if there is a such thing.

kathi said...

Love tofu. Hey, sorry about the mind going, that's really tough. Good thing you've still got your looks.

chele said...

I saw that stupid-a petition. Who gives a crap, really?

Why did I see the word "memo" in your post and pronounce it MEE-MO in my head? Gosh, talk about a brain full of jell-o.

Shawn said...

ProfG - Tofu can be bland. Choose your tofu dish wisely. Tofu takes on the flavor of the items its prepared with. I'd say start with Panda Express' Tofu dish. It has good flavor.

kathi - Funny you should mention looks, they were the object of much scrunity last week.

chele - You have to admit, as dumb as the petition is its still pretty funny.

Mee-mo...Hahaha. I've been there too much lately. How 'bout I couldn't figure out how to spell 'genie' yesterday. I kept telling myself "Jeanie" is not the correct spelling. I finally had to ask someone for help. Sad, sad, sad!

SP said...

1. Hmmm, I haven’t tried their Kung Pao Tofu. I like most of their stuff, but if it’s not spicy, I probably won’t like it. I’ll have to make my own.

2. Oh No! I’m glad you caught it before you had a story that ended with “And then my car door was ripped off.”

3. LOL!

4. They obviously didn’t know who they were dealing with!

5. Why did you try it if you expected it to be nasty?

6. I have actually had more junk food lately, but the new job has caused me to lose 15lbs already! I guess that means I can eat all the junk I want.

7. Don’t force it or you won’t enjoy it!

8. NO! I haven’t even seen the video yet. I am really out of the loop these days.

Shawn said...

SP

1. Make your own. It was even close to being spicy.

4. The shole thought I was gon' forget.

5. I bought from Trader Joe's. I usually don't go wrong when I buy something new from there.

7. I know. I actually made up to page 7. I'm in the groove now.

8. You need to make a trip to youtube.com