Monday, November 13

A True Junkie

This was my 3-5:05am today.



I'm a real junkie to be waking up in the middle of the night to watch tennis. Its a shame. But with this being last men's tennis tournament of the season (The Te.nn.is Mas.te.rs Cup - the playoffs of tennis, if you will. Only the top 8 players in the world compete for the title) I am determined to get in as much viewing as possible before its all over.

I was so anxious to watch this match that I woke up before my alarm clock ever sounded. I first stirred at 1:30am and finally at 2:55am. Thank goodness it was worth my while. Not only did James Bl.ak.e (American) and Rafael N.a.dal (Spainiard) play a really entertaining match full of loads of drama and intrigue (N.ada.l, the higher ranked and much more accomplished player, had never beaten Blake the 2 other times they've played. N.ad.al put himself in a winning position in both sets but Blake refused to lose) but the outcome was to my liking to boot - Blake was the victor.

We spectators were treated to some spectacular tennis rallies as each player tried to outfox the other at every turn. Just when you thought one player had a decided advantage the other would up the ante and turn the tables. One rally, in particular, had me up out of my chair hooting and hollering. I'm searching the web now for a clip of the rally. The point went from offense to defense and defense to offense from both players. You couldn't tell if someone was going to win the point or lose the point until the last ball was struck. It was simply incredible and had me on my feet cheering like a damn fool at 5 in the morning.

Enjoy the highlight reel.

4 comments:

African girl, American world said...

*sigh*..where to begin? Alarm setting in the middle of the night? Have mercy. It makes you happy but still.....LOL!!!!
I have yet to find something that wakes me up in the middle of the night like that. I don't even think FoL could have done it :)

Bballmom said...

I'm glad Blake won, but I couldn't get up at 305AM to watch it.

kathi said...

Man, you are outta your mind. Couldn't record it?

Shawn said...

Kathi I have a long track record of waking up in the middle of the night to watch tv...

Bballmom Hahaha!!! You're a tennis fan?

Kathi No, I couldn't record it. Half the fun is watching it live.