I'm a tv junkie for real. Hi! My name is Shawn. And i'm a tv-holic. I used to have a short list of programming that I followed faithfully. Now, it seems like everyday I find more and more stuff on the tube to watch or download and watch at my convenience. Just yesterday I was flipping through the channels and ended up on Oxygen, of all channels. I never watch the Oh! Network. But there I was watching, like I was setting up permanent residence 'stead of visiting and just passing through. I spent the next 4 hours watching a marathon of the show The Bad Girls Club. The show is from the creators of The Real World so you know what is highlighted most - alcohol, sex/love/relationships, partying and FIGHTING. Every week, there's a new fight. I completely zoned out on this mess and loved every minute of it.
I knew my addiction was getting out of control when I started watching the new FX show Dirt and didn't like it but continued to download and watch every new episode. Speaking of which, let me pause typing so I can start my download of last night's new Dirt episode that I missed because I was watching TBGC. Ok. Back! Seriously, I don't know why I keep watching this show. Its bland. Its boring. Its missing something. It has no bite whatsoever yet I keep tuning in praying that it gets better. The concept is a good one. The show is about tabloid magazine run by a woman - Courtney Cox - who'll do whatever it takes to break the latest, greatest hollywood celebrity dirt to sell magazines. Doesn't that sound fun? Yes, I thought so too but the show has been more miss than hit. The highlight of the show so far me has been Rick Fox's bad acting in one scene where he confronts a photographer that took some questionable photos of his character. It was pretty hilarious. I guess my attraction for the show now is finding things to make fun of. Hell, I don't know!
Here's a list of the other shows I'm watching:
Lincoln Heights - Black family drama. I'm giving it a chance. I wish the storylines were a little grittier and I wish one of the actors would disappear but its a positive show with family values so I can look beyond what I perceive to be its shortcomings.
Ugly Betty - still loving this gem. America continues to kill it every week. Much praise to her. The casting on this show is excellent. I love seeing Vanessa every week too. She's doing her thang as well.
Heroes - made its return 2 weeks ago. I honestly didn't miss it while it was gone but my addiction wouldn't let me put it down. The plot is still moving at a snail's pace which is truly aggravating. And the writers continue to introduce new characters and plots every freakin' week before tying up older storylines. I'm miffed but still watching.
I Love New York - I didn't have high expectations for the show before its first airing but it has been rather entertaining. I've only had two real issues so far, the fake personal assistant Chamo, are they serious? And the fake, ignorant thug Chance. Is he really that ignorant and dumb? Yes, I actually believe so. I was ready to boycott the show after his ignorant, drunken performance in the 1st ep. Luckily for me, he's only been a footnote in the last few episodes.
The Apprentice - the show has lost a great deal of its appeal but I'm a creature of habit so I tune in every week. The tent city concept is sensational but is it all that interesting? I'd said no. The producers should've spent more time spicing up the weekly challenges. That's where the show has been missing the mark in recent seasons. Also, the new boardroom set up which allows the winning project manager to sit in on the boardroom session of the losing team and offer their opinion on who should be fired is kinda silly to me. They need to ixna that idea; and while we're busy tweaking the boardroom setup let's get rid of Ivanka, shall we? That sleazeball Sean who won that last apprentice made a requisite visit this past week. Boo!!!!
Top Chef - I've been entertained by the friction between Marcel and the other contestants. He's so obnoxious. What the hell is up with his hair? He's gotta be kidding! I am completely surprised by the selection of the final two. Arent you? What the hell happened to Cliff?
I think tonight we get the premiere of Top Design after the Top Chef Finale. I'm sure I'll be watching that show faitfully too.
The white Rapper Show - this show is killing me. I can't believe how serious some of the contestants are. My fav moment so far has been watching Persia cope with having to wear the "n-word" medallion. Mc Serch clowned her. John Brown is absolute moron. Gh.e.t.to Revival? What? Can someone tell me what the hell is wrong with his eyes too? Especially that left one.
Surreal Life: The Fame Game - Pure comedy. I can't stop laughing. You have to watch this show if you've done so already.
Dance Life - missed this week's episode. I could fall off this show and not miss it but I have enjoyed the 2 episodes I've seen so far. The show is produced extremely well.
Honorable Mention:
Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel - just completed its season last week. They gave me much to laugh at this season. Thanks for the memories.
Did anyone see BET's Celebration of Gospel? I caught a little of it last night. I swear that show gets funnier and funnier every year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
TV rules your life! You need a TV intervention.
honey I too got sucked in with Bad Girls or whatever it is called. I'm straight but I gotta say those 2 sistas are so pretty!!! :=) Ripsi was a trip and a half and Amy is darksided! That gay boy Amy and that young one are fighting over is a joke!
I watch all those shows except Hereos, Top Chef and Apprentice.
Re: Ugly Betty. Are they serious with that Alex/Alexis story line?? Only in soaps. Justin rules!!!
My name is Mwabi and I too am a tv junkie.
I agree with the intervention!
Also, this is the 2nd time you've mentioned an unmentionable actor on Lincoln Heights. Spill it.
I'm not a tv-holic at all. Or maybe I am but I'm recovering??
Hey, Shawn, what was the name of that mic you bought a while back and would you still recommend it?
Berry You're right but I can't give it up now. I'm not ready. LOL
Mwabi TBGC - You're right Leslie and Ty do look good.
Ripsi was a drunk. The ep where she flipped out was hilarious.
That chick Carrie irks me. The sweet and dainty southern girl persona bothers me. It was quite tacky how she let the boyfriend fly out to Cali on his on own dime then threw herself at the pool guy the day he left. Pretty tacky.
Zara, Aimee and the dude is just silly drama. Zara is pretty naive. The funniest part is watching this dude trying to be a play Zara on camera knowing full well that the truth is gonna surface sooner or later. Its pretty entertaining.
Re: UB - Yes, I guess they are serious about the Alex/Alexis storyline.
Reminder, set your DVR to tape ILNY on Monday nights woman.
Chele Hehehe! I am not saying a word. I'll give you a hint though, said actor has quivering, over active lips. Hehe!
ShellyP Recovering or there's nothing on the air that catches your fancy. Be thankful you have it under control. ;)
I haven't checked to see if there si anything on for me to watch. I love American Idol and ANTM. I would watch Top Chef if I could remember to set the dvr. Same for that top designer show. (I sense a theme here.) Hubby records Next which I can't stand but can't keep my eyes off of anyway. Oh, I used to watch ER and Star Trek (any version) and Apprentice, and....
Post a Comment