Friday, February 2

Junk Food Haven

Cakes, cookies, pies, chips. You name it, I've probably eaten it in the last month and a half. I really thought I would be able to rein in my self control once the holidays/birthday ended but that hasn't been the case. I eat snacks everyday. And I don't really discriminate. I used to be really mindful of the ingredients list. Now I don't give a hoot what's in it as long as I am guaranteed a sugar high or a salt fix.

The list:
7-11 Peanut Butter cookies: I was avg. 3 times a week until last week when I switched over to a new snack. This week I haven't had them but they have been calling my name
Taisan: Fluffy sponge cake from Red Ribbon Bake Shop. I have to eat two loaves in one sitting
Trader Joe's Frozen Apple Pie: I sprinkle a little sugar and cinnamon top then bake it for 50 minutes. MMM! I usually eat the whole pie in less than a day
Trader Joe's Marble Cake: just too good
Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing: a brownie sized square from 7-11...love it
Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Icing: a brownie size square from 7-11...really good
Mocha Almond Fudge Soy Ice Cream : very tasty
Trader Joe's Mixed Berry Streudel: the flaky crust and the gooey fruit filling are excellent
Trader Joe's Peach Streudel: not as good as the mixed berry but still tasty
Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake from Carl's Jr: much better than you expected
Haagen Dazs Banana Split Ice Cream
Dreyer's Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Buffalo & Ranch Doritos
Super Bean Nachos from Green Burrito: I can't tell you how tasty these joints are. Very filling too.
French Fries with seasoned salt: at least 4 times a week
7-11 White Chocolate Chip Cookies: very good. Some of the best I've ever had
Trader Joe's Almond Thin Cookies: excellent
Macaroni Grill's Lemon Cake

Today, I think I've gonna have the GB nachos and the chocolate cake from 7-11.

Feel free to make a snack suggestion! If it sounds good I might try it out.

7 comments:

Mrs A. said...

i think i may have to try the chocolate cake from 7/11...sounds yummy!!! i looooooove me some cream cheese icing :-D

Shawn said...

Mrs A You should find it housed in the refrigerated section. Let me know what you think. By the way, its double chocolate cake. :-D

dmarie said...

Hello, my name is dmarie and I'm a cake addict. I love cake with buttercream icing. Usually, it's not a problem until birthdays--and for my own I require a separate cake just for me. However, I finally perfected my buttercream icing. Good grief! Cupcakes everyday for weeks now. Hubby keeps finding bald ones cuz all I want is the icing. Whew! I feel better that I confessed. And it's time for another fix...lol

Shawn said...

Hello fellow cake addict DMarie. Your confession is welcome here. :-D Buttercream icing and cream cheese icing are the best if you ask me. I love gingerbread cake with buttercream icing. The icing definitely makes it worthwhile. I hate seeing people scrape the icing off of the cake. That's sacrilegious.

You don't want to see me around a birthday cake. It ain't pretty. I will hurt somebody over some good birthday cake.

Ok, I have a recommendation for you. Trader Joe's Carrot Cupcakes. Its carrot cake in muffin containers with massive amounts of icing on top.

African girl, American world said...

Um hon I think it would be best for you to buy stock in 7/11 and Trader Joe...LOL!

My poor children, I'm so not a snack person...if I snack its on fruit or yogurt and since I do the shopping.....

I must take notes :=)

kathi said...

Good God, babe. You must have some great metablolism going for you, that would put me in a whole other size. Geeze, I'm jealous.

Shawn said...

Kathi my metabolism isn't that fast. I am probably in a bigger size myself.