
Su.per B.o.wl XLI - L.ov.ie Smith & T.on.y D.un.gy - the first black head coaches to advance to the SB and vy for the championship title.

To.ny Du.ngy - first black coach to win the SB.
Now, that the Colts have been crowned SB champions the NFL season is one week removed from being officially over. As sad as I am to see the NFL season end I am very proud to have witnessed a modern moment in history - the crowning of the first black head coach as SB champ. It was a great thing to see.
I've been a fan of Tony Ds since his days as head coach in Tampa Bay. When he was unceremoniously dismissed from his head coaching job in TB for not being able to win the big game I was hoping retribution for him would include winning the SB one day. Thankfully, that day finally arrived.
Congrats to Tony for showing us all how to endure the hard times, persevere through the tough loses and harsh criticisms and how to win with class. He proves that good guys can finish first.
SB XLI was a very entertaining roller coaster ride. Unlike most SB's I can recall, the action was fast and furious from beginning to end. The game featured an opening kickoff return for a TD, numerous fumbles and several INTs. The rainy Floridian weather played a major factor in the game and the Colts was the team that handled the elements better.

Congrats to the Colts and Manning for the getting the monkey off their backs.

Prince's halftime show stage.

I thought Prince rocked the halftime show. I waited with bated breath for him to sing Purple Rain once his performance began. I got a little worried that my wish wouldn't come to fruition once he launched into his 3rd song. In the end, he pulled through for me.
Mo.to.rola held a dance competition to win SB tickets. Take a peek at the footage. Its good for a couple chuckles.

1 comment:
Man, I loved the game. It was great in so many ways. Loved tha half time show, and pretty much right along with you on all of it.
Post a Comment