
I couldn't resist this tasty treat while shopping at TJ's yesterday. I downed this bad baby in about 20 minutes.
An older gent struck up conversation with me while we perused the snack shelves. He launched into a biting attack on the ills of consuming diet beverages and it adverse effects on the body. I was provided graphic details including hearing a tale of a woman who suffered a heart attack while driving after consuming copious amounts of diet cola.
After warning me of the dangers of diet beverages, he asked me to guess his age. Leaning on the side of caution, I lowballed him and guessed 58 though I suspected he was in his early 60s. He was actually 67. OG shared with me that he's a former boxer then asked me to poke his abdomen with my index finger to see how tight his abs were. It was pretty comical. So he then shared one of his health tips with me. He drinks 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed in water everyday. According to him it helps cleanse his blood. Anyone ever heard that before?
OG gave me card. He trains boxers at a nearby boxing gym and his prices are crazy low. He charges 20 dollars an hour for a training session. I may give it try.

5 comments:
where was your camera? boy now you know you must document these things.
I know vinegar to be an apetite supressant...hey he sounds like he knows something. I say at least go once and see what he's got.
I actually have had another trainer/health-nut tell me about the cider vinegar benefits.
BTW, I went to TJ in VA and they didn't have carrot cake, but there was a delicious apricot almond tart! I wasn't leaving without a treat and it didn't disappoint.
mwabi i didn't even think about recording OG. Had no clue his casual conversation would end up being so lively.
I'm gonna call him next week to setup a training session
dmarie maybe this vinegar thing is real
Yeah, apple cider vinegar is supposed to be good for you. Do a google search and you will find out all the benefits. That was great. Diet sodas are the devil incarnate. Take advantage of the trainer...see if you like it or not. Burn off all those sweets :-)
Man, that is low. $20/hr? Charlie would be there pronto, that's something he's been wanting to do for awhile.
I wish we had a trader joes. Of course, we've got 7-11's, but I've never ate anything outta there...something about it being a 7-11. I dunno.
Post a Comment