Friday, February 23

annoyed...sorta

1. For the life of me I can not get one of my buddies to stop saying "mines." I have tried jokingly correcting him; flat out correcting him; evil glances; stunned, faux horror faces. I'm at a loss. I just don't get it. Is he being stubborn? Is he irritated cause he's an adult and doesn't feel like he should be corrected? Just last week, after 3 straight days of correcting him he said it again. I just refused to send another message to him on IM. I just dropped out of chatting mid conversation.

2. My dear aunt annoyed the hell out of me this past weekend for something rather small. Actually, she didn't do anything. I was just being judgmental. I rented Diary of a Mad Black Woman for her to watch and she was just a laughing/cackling up a storm. Once the movie ended, she's telling me its the best movie she's seen in a while. I'm looking at her like she's nuts. I'm thinking "it could not have been that damn funny." Then I start thinking "you only like this movie cause the lead character is a fat, older black woman that looks like yourself." I just rolled my eyes.

8 comments:

chele said...

1. It's like the dumb waiter we had the other night that said, "Valentimes".

2. You're right it wasn't that funny, but your auntie is TP's audience.

African girl, American world said...

omg Shawn! I know someone who says it too. And another one I've recently encountered is....on yesterday and on last week. I can't take it!!

Shawn said...

Chele hahaha! I remember I used to say it that way in elementary school. hahaha

She probably is. I was just annoyed. I rented Akeelah for her to watch a few weeks ago and she fell asleep. DoMBW she's cackling like a hyena. I was just bothered.

Mwabi that's new to you? oh, that's standard church speak. It's annoying and rather silly. It was said by regular church goers i'm certain.

kathi said...

Diary is one of mines favorites.

Yeah, sorry...had to try it. Being from Texas, everyone outside of Texas corrects a lot of our speech habits, like 'fixin', but 'mines' isn't territorial, it's just bad english. One of my pet peeves is aks instead of ask, I have a friend who drives me nuts with this.

Diary...had it's moments, but not anywhere on my top 100.

Harold Gibson said...

Shawn you got yourn I gots to get mines. Okay I am sorry. But weren't you kind of hard on dear ol auntie?

Mrs A. said...

hey, i can roll with mines, it's "valentimes" day that gets my goat!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SP said...

LOL! I had to laught at your "cackling like a hyena" comment. I never saw the movie. My cousin is like your aunt. She nearly had a heart atack when I said I'd never seen it since it was "the best movie of all time".

Rose said...

Diary was not that funny..as I recall. Maybe she needed laughter that day, and found humor in Madea.