Tuesday, May 10

Can't Believe It But I'll Take It

Boy was I surprised when my agent called to tell me I'd booked a job. What? Me? I thought! I had to replay the message 2 times.

I guess it still surprises me that more times than not I book jobs that I'm not all that enthused about. I show up to the audition, do my thang then head out of the door without breaking a sweat. I usually consider those auditions practice for the jobs I really want. However, it never fails, the jobs I don't think twice about I end up booking. And the jobs I really chase after I never get. Go figure!

Nevertheless, it's always exciting to hear that you've booked a job. And I'm even more ecstatic that I've booked my very first voice-over (VO) job - a radio commercial for Washington Mutual.

I honestly didn't really think this day would come. I've been audtioning for VO gigs for 9 months with absolutely no success. Not booking anything really had me puzzled and discouraged. I nearly cancelled my audition last week for this Washington Mutual radio commercial because I have been thinking about packing it in and giving up pursuit of VO work. Somehow, I convinced myself to go to the audition in spite of my reservations and look what happened, yesterday I get the phone call I've been waiting for for 9 long months, "Hey Shawn! You booked that spot."

Life is so very peculiar. Just when I was ready to give up hope something nice comes my way. I still can't believe it but I'll take it.

3 comments:

Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

Congratulations! Thats good work! I'm proud of my blog cousin! Let us know when it comes on...

Frederick Smith said...

Congrats on the job! I know it's so exciting getting that phone call. Good luck and keep us posted.
fs

Speedy aka Security said...

Congrats! I had to come over to check you out since you read my post of The "Friend". It's nice to meet you. I'll stop by back every now and again. By the way, I love your post on the More I Think About it "Why is Cheaters one of the funniest tv shows I've ever watched in my life?" That show is hilarious.