Tuesday, May 3

Ok! You Got Me!

I took a trip to Wild Oats Market today to browse a larger selection of veggie food items than Trader Joe's , my number one store, offers. I've been to Wild Oats a gazillion times before but today I felt a renewed sense of vigor to really find an unknown gem that would send me, Mr. Food-a-holic, into a frenzy. Slowly and methodically I worked my way up and down every isle carefully reading the food labels of the foods I was interested in purchasing. By the way, I get a bit carried away sometimes. Why was I in the market for over an hour? Though I am equipped a bit more knowledge, reading labels is very time consuming and frustrating. And there's always something on the ingredient list that's not supposed to be there in the eyes of the health experts. Anywho, when I got to the frozen food section, I went absolutely crazy. Everything I saw looked incredibly delicious. Who knew there was so much vegetarian stuff on the market? I know I sure didn't. Ok! After I calmed myself down, I focused my attention on the veggie pizzas. I was suddenly overcome with a need for tomato sauce and cheese. I didn't have that craving when I first walked in the store but at that moment I knew my day wouldn't be complete unless I chose the right veggie pizza to buy for lunch. After 10 minutes of label comparing, I settled on A.C. LaRocco's Tomato & Feta pizza. MMM MMM MMM! My mouth was watering as I read about fresh tomatoes, feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, fresh garlic and basil. I hurried to finish the rest of my grocery shopping so I could get home as soon as possible. Once the groceries were unpacked, I warmed up my Tomato & Feta pizza. When the garlic-y aroma started to overpower the air in the house I knew I had chosen a winner. Patiently I waited 25 minutes to get my first taste of heaven. Well, color me surprised after that first bite. Why was I eating what tasted like a slice of wheat bread with tomato sauce and cheese on it? So much for reading labels. Folks, beware! Whole wheat and honey pizza crusts aren't all there cracked up to be. Congratulations Mr. LaRocco, you got me! LOL!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Food Find
My vegetarian food exploration does have an upside. I've found new treat - Soy Delicious Non-dairy, frozen dessert (soy ice cream). So far I've tried Creamy Vanilla and Praline Pecan and I'm hooked.

5 comments:

A Heart of Worship said...

Maybe I missed it Shawn, but what made you decide to give up meat, and become a vegetarian?
I am trying to eat healthier myself, but I haven't reached the point where I can give up any meat yet! Pray for me! ;-)

Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

Okay Shawn, I am gonna need you not to have a craving for tomato sauce and cheese-thats scary...I am just imagining you going off in a corner huddled with a jar of ragu and a bag of shredded cheese having field day...okay maybe that is a bit far fetched, but that pizza does sound good though. You make me want to go grocery shopping! Stop it already

Shawn said...

a heart of worship - After stumbling on this website http://www.curezone.com/ I decided to try the Master Cleanse (a type of liquid fast) to clean out my colon and hopefully get everything back to normal inside - I was starting to have some uncontrollable underarm odor. It's suggested that you do the Cleanse for a minimum of 10 days. I felt bad that I couldn't stick it out for ten days; I made it through 5 days. As I was breaking the fast and preparing my body for eating whole foods again, I came up with the idea to try a vegetarian style for while to see if a dietary change would further assist in the prevention of underarm odor. So far, so good.

A Heart of Worship said...

Man, you are funny even when you are trying to be serious...Thanks!

A Heart of Worship said...

And thanks for stopping by my blog...oh why, oh why, did you have to point out the part of my conversation with myself when I went ghetto! (sigh!) ;-)