Far be it from me to kill anyone's dream. Everyone deserves the opportunity to pursue their passion. However... sometimes having a Simon Cowell or someone like myself in your life might not be such a bad thing. Simon and I aren't afraid of telling the truth, as harsh as it may be, about someone's talent. There's a time for everything; a time for encouragement and inspiration; and a time for truth and honest evaluation. Honest evaluation is what I do best. If you're into singing and can appreciate those with the gift of song, please follow the link below and take a listen
http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=3841399&Mytoken=20050501204751
In reference to the above artist, I'm laughing as I type the word "artist" lol! I'm trying to be gracious, as I listened to her music something a friend shared with me once came to mind - "There'd be less accidents if people stayed in their own lane." Ain't that the truth? Can I get an Amen brother!
My ears were so offended I wanted to track this broad down and beat her ass with the studio microphone. Especially considering that she has a nice, pleasant picture posted on her site and the quality of her tracks isn't too bad. But let's be honest, who told this chick she could or should sing? I tell you, the day I find the person that told her anything other than the truth, which is, "singing's just not your thing babygirl. By the way, what's this experimental thing you're trying where the music is in one key but you sing in a completely different key? That's not cute," Im'a poke 'em in the eye.
Speaking of beating somebody's ass for encouraging those with questionable talent, has anyone ever seen the VH-1 Save the Music commercial where Mary J. Blige sits at a piano, plays some chords and attempts to scat? She then proceeds to acknowledge a former teacher of her's that encouraged her to keep singing. I can't wait to find that teacher so I can give her a serious beat down. Has Mary ever sung a song and stayed on pitch throughout? Please point me in the direction of one those tunes if you can!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On to more pressing matters, today I noticed that there's a growing trend in Men's grooming that is absolutely appalling - the razor thin mustache. In case you've never seen this absurdity, take a peek at Mr. Johnny Wright currently of MTV's Making the Band 3 fame. Sir, is that facial hair or black eye liner on your lip? I'm hoping the trend will die some. In case you thin mustache wearers didn't know, it looks like you made a boo boo while trimming your mustache and you tried to salvage the little hair you had left in hopes no one would notice your shaving mistake. Guess what? I noticed. And it looks like there's a smudge on your face. Now hold still while I soak the bottom of my t-shirt in my saliva so I can wipe that grime off your face. In truth, thin mustaches are on the same level as the Hitler mustache - just plain ridiculous. Please tell your Dads, uncles, brothers, boyfriends, etc. to trim the 'stache off or low but never, ever, ever, ever thin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
"By the way, what's this experimental thing you're trying where the music is in one key but you sing in a completely different key? That's not cute," Im'a poke 'em in the eye."
LMBO! That was priceless!! I thought I was the only person on earth who felt that way about MJB.
....Oh, and that thin mustache thing is creepy. I hope it doesn't catch on.
LOL!! This post was hilarious!! I agree, the thin mustache craze is soooo unattractive! Your reference to Hitler is right on the money!
Lambchop~
Post a Comment