Wednesday, May 4

Disturbed

Cruising around blogspot last night I happened upon the post below at: http://mightymama.blogspot.com/

Fantasia-singer, stripper, simpleton???

I gotta tell you I am sick and tired of our music industry and Hollyhood, glorifying people who have no business in the limelight! I heard the song by third season, American Idol winner Fantasia Barrino, BABY's MaMas. Let's all feel sorry for all of the single mamas in America. Well, I am sorry Fantasia. I don't feel bad that your baby's daddy beat your ass, and blackened both your eyes. What I am sorry for is that you didn't have enough self-worth, for yourself to keep your legs closed. I am sorry that your Bible beating preacher MaMa showed and taught you the lies about being Baptist. I am sorry that she gave you a name fit for a stripper. But I am truly sorry that all you think you are good at is singing.....I am sorry that no one encouraged you to aspire to go into the field of medicine, public service, or education.

So before you call call me a racist white bitch. First off you are right about one thing I am white. However, I am no way shape or form a racist. My husband is a African American and is my equal. He agrees with me 100% on this subject. We would never encourage our children to be apart of the Hollyhood subculture or the sports arena. Women in general whether black, white, purple, yellow, orange or even freakin' clear, are guilty of selling themselves cheap to the music industry, sex, or even sports. Singing like a humming bird, sucking a mean dick, or even bouncing a basketball doesn't mean shit it; if your frontal lobe is stimulated by a good book or lecture every now and then. I am all for children exploring their god given talents, however the reality of making a career out of them is rare. Compared to population numbers it just doesn't happen that often. I know many of people who have received sports scholarships that are idiots. Why? Because all they did was run around with their head cut off like a chicken, or bounced a basketball so much it rattled their brains. Getting a education was no longer the focus, performance in the sport or exploitation of the musical talent was.

I don't mean to discredit the talents of our youth, but to aspire for more. In the Spike Lee film Bamboozled, it is explained that entertainment was the objective, no matter how much of an ass you are made. As long as it pays the bills people will fall for making fools of themselves. They are getting caught in the hype. Slavery of the millinium is what I call it.

I for one tonight will tell my children that they can and will be whatever they want as long as it is honorable. They will not sell their bodies by shakin' their groove thangs, sing unarticulate lyrics to songs, or bounce a basketball while their books are left in their backpacks. My children are worth so much more, and so are yours readers. Set the standard at a higher level and expect more from them. Maybe our future leaders of tomorrow, will be much more capable than those of today.

NOTE:NOTE:NOTE:NOTE:
If you think I am a total whack job, think again. Can I suggest you read the Mis-Education of The Negro BY Carter G. Woodson. If you don't want to read a book watch the Spike Lee film Bamboozled, it will clear many misconceptions up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mental note to self, "When you're bored Shawn, don't just keep randomly clicking on links to blogs at blogspot."

2 comments:

Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

2 thinks in response to this. I hate it when white people say "Oh I have black friends or I'm married to a black man..." It doesn't mean shit. It just means that you're married to a black man, you still hold prejudices just as he does against the oppostie race. I hate when people tell me, "Oh I have a gay uncle.." what does that have to with me and my faggotry...anyway. I disagree with what everyone says about Fantasia! I LOVE HER! She might not be the best singer but she is unique in her essence and that what I like about her. I get a chill when she sings, that Ashanti, Amerie, or J.LO can't do. So that says something...the song "Babys Momma" was meant to motivate other single women who didn't have situations turn in their favor. It's not to glorfiy being a single parent, it's not saying go out and get pregnant by a dead beat *igga. It's saying okay this shit happened, be focused, make the best for you and your child, focus on your goals and aspirations and don't be a statistic. Now if Fantasia aspired to be singer, great, 1 million people bought her album (I am one of them...) and they bought it for some reason. Great...If someone aspires to be an entertainer or express themselves creatively so be it. I don't settle for mediocrity. All of the other stuff that white girl said had some validity to it, but it's not really her place to speak on it just cause she married a black man. Am I long winded or what. If she wants to talk about a stupid song she should have talked about Destiny's Child "Soldier" maybe she has one at home blackening her eye and she didn't want to speak on that.

Anonymous said...

I really feel sorry for you and your husband. You straight missed the message in that song. She's just simply stating that women that had children out of wedlock or by their husbands that no longer are in the home to stay strong, keep your head high and keep on moving to make their family unit strong and successful.
You know sometimes we make bad decissions in our life but that does not mean that your life is doomed and you'll never make it in life because of that one wrong decission. That's all Ms. Fantasia is saying. I hope someday you and your husband will come to an understanding and get the real message out of this song..

God Bless...