19 minutes of hell didn't go so well today. I feel stiff as a board. After Monday's hell session and Tuesday's Tae bo session my body wasn't really agreeable. Practically everything I told my body to do it wouldn't follow my instructions. I think I made to minute 11 of 19 before my body really started giving me fits. At that point, in total frustration and embarassment, I began an on going conversation with Mari, the video instructor. I can't tell you how many times asked her if she was crazy for wanting me to do this movement or that movement. I mean, this woman told us to lie stretched out on our backs with arms by your side and legs stretched. Then she said flip your legs over head parellel to the floor with your weight supported on your shoulders. Then stretch your legs toward the ceiling in a pike posistion and hold it there. Slow and controlled...supported by your powerhouse (I assume she means my abdomen) ease your body back down to the ground with your legs still pointed towards the ceiling. Woman, are you crazy? I can't do that once let it alone 4 times in a row. I grunted and moaned while attempting to perform aforementioned movement. Without much success I finally gave up during attempt number 3 and said sorry Mari I can't do that today I won't even begin to describe the other 2 movements I bailed out on. All I know is Mari kept telling me to use my powerhouse and my buttocks to hold some crazy contortion when your arms and legs are pointed upward in a V position while your weight is supported by your butt or the tailbone region. Yea. Uh huhn. Not gonna happen. I copped an attitude and regressed to my youth as I whispered under my breath I don't see you doing these moves Mari. There you are just standing behind everybody. Telling everyone else what to do. Oo, I can't stand you. You make me sick.
Happily for me, it is only 19 minutes of hell. I don't think I could stand anything longer.
By the way, I'll be happy when this soreness goes away. Right now I have the walk of a cowboy with jock itch. It ain't pretty.
See ya Friday Mari!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Exercise can be a b*tch! I have to fight my brain in allowing my body to handle the weights or movements I do...I don't think that I'm the only one who feels this way when I say that the mental is more challenging than the physical when it comes to working out.
Post a Comment