This morning when I decided to clean out one my favorites folders I discovered a link to a blog that I must've visited once but never bothered visiting again. Below is one post that I found kinda funny. Mind you: the authors name is Shawn but in no way are he and I the same person
Be Real Behind Your PC Screen!
Filed under:General Worst Date— Shawn @ 6:30 am
Damn! And I just told myself that I would stop cussing six days, 4 hours, and 3 glasses of red kool-aid ago. With that being said…DAMN AGAIN! Why would one sit here and portray themselves in certain manner behind their computer screen that they know DAMN well they could never live up to face to face.
Yeah, I’m a dater…not really looking for anything. I’m at that stage right now that if I can get a nice woman to accompany me out for a great night, have dinner, catch a movie, stroll the park, or any such thing, then I have accomplished my main goal. “ENJOY LIFE!” If we become good friends, good…if we become great friends, GREAT! If I happen to find that perfect match that I can see my future with, then that is well accepted…but I AM NOT LOOKING FOR THAT!
Lately, I have been using an online dating site that has proven to be quite refreshing. I have been meeting a lot of great people, and even a few offline. The women that are crossing my path seem to be very well rounded and focused…but that’s just the good part.
The Rotten Apple that ruined the crop! Yes, she sends me a picture, and she looks nice. She has an extended education and seems to have her direction in life chosen. I should have known that something was wrong when she said she didn’t have a car. LOL, I know that sounds mean, but this is the first time in 2 years that I met someone who didn’t have their own wheels. Especially in Atlanta. The women here make me want to step my game up.
I guess the next warning sign that I should have paid attention to was the fact that she seemed almost desperate to meet up with me….TONIGHT! It was a Tuesday, and this was our first time talking on the phone, and the time is about 9:30 pm. I wouldn’t be free to go get her until after 10:30; so we couldn’t actually meet up until about 11.
To be honest, after I told her this, I was almost certain that she would have declined, only to try to meet on a different day…but she actually ummmm pleaded with me to make it work tonight.
LESSON #1, Never Think With Your PENIS! It Clogs your brain cells ability to be rational…..LOL
Yeah, I will admit, I thought she was just trying to get some, and who was I to deprive her from that OOOOH AHHH SOUND!
The Meeting- Here I am driving to pick this girl up. The Clark Atlanta Graduate just weeks away from receiving her Master’s literally struggled to give me accurate directions to her house. I mean, I was on M.L. King, I told her what gas station I was on, and asked if I needed to turn left or right…..She said left…I drove for a while, didn’t see any of the land marks she told me of, and asked her if I needed to turn around…"umm yes” “Umm No” “Umm Wait A minute” At this point, I was just gonna get back on 20 west and take my ass home.
She finally gets her act together, and I find her place of residence. She says she will be out in just a few, so I was like okay. Out of the darkness of the shadows, I see her making her way….BUT UMMMM, WHAT IS THAT?
ADVISORY WARNING: This is a very blunt point being made, it may sound mean, but it is very much true! If you think you may be offended, please leave now!
This Mutha Fucka is Crippled! Not that I’m shallow, or that I have any such prejudices towards those who have physical handicaps, but DAMN! That isn’t something that you forget to tell someone you meet online. You don’t just walk out like everything is okay. The Shit isn’t okay!
You are a deceiver! You intentionally neglected to share that you had a very noticeable handicap, in order to save your feelings. I will admit, She needs love too…but let me decide if I would like to persue you in that interest upfront.
She wanted to go out to a Cafe’ or something, and I was like hell nah! Was I too embarrassed? YES! I don’t know her, and I didn’t expect this. Too bad the inner nice guy in me prevented me from cussing her ass out. Trust, I am empathetic towards her situation, but in the manner that she is addressing the issue, she is bound to receive more pain than naught.
And Yes, She was trying to get her freak on, and Me, Mr. Shawn could not, and would not do it. It made me cringe just from the thought.
ADDITIONAL VISUAL: I can’t remember the name of this bone deformaty…but with it, your spinal cord isnt straight. With her, her right leg was very noticeably shorter than the left, and she had a acute twist in the hips from her crooked back.
When she walked, she tried not to let me be behind, so she would stop purposely to let me stay in front, AS IF SHE COULD HIDE IT THAT WAY.
My thing is this, Be real with those you encounter, it will only save you face in the end. Now, Im not saying I would have romantic interests in her if she was up front, but if she was, I may have chose to continue chatting with her and being friends.
Final Thought: It is each individuals choice in what they want in a mate. Me, I just don’t see myself entering into a relationship with someone in this deformed state. It would be a different story if I was with someone, and they then become deformed….THE LOVE IS ALREADY THERE.
My Only True Beef is this. Don’t deceive. True, she sent me a picture that look exactly how she actually looks…"STANDING NOT WALKING” She should have let me know of her situation, standing strong in herself, with her mind in such a state as such, ” Love it or Leave it!” She did not, because she chose not, and now I have no desire to interact with her in ANY way.
I wish I could have seen the look on his face when she first walked up. It must've been priceless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment