...of this fool. What a numb nut! Not that he sent the kids to his car to grab his stash... wth? are you kidding me? *sigh* and *shaking head* why am I still amazed that there are so many oddballs out there?
Teacher Pleads No Contest to Marijuana Charges
October 24, 2005 - Former substitute teacher Christopher Bochin is facing more than 10 years in prison after pleading no contest to five counts of providing marijuana to minors.
The stage was set for a jury to hear Christopher Bochin's case, but before jurors could even be seated, the 23-year-old shocked the courtroom and his attorney by pleading no contest.
"Christopher literally feels that getting caught up in this mess has saved his life," said Bochin's attorney, Jim Elia.
Back in February, Bochin was a substitute teacher at Fresno High when he told students he had a bag of pot and a pipe in his truck. Bochin drew a map, then wrote a pass for two kids to go and retrieve the marijuana.
"Like half of the kids in the class just started smoking and the teacher hit the thing first," said a student in Bochin's class.
Eventually, alerted by students, a teacher sniffed out the problem and notified campus security.
Bochin has since apologized to the community and the students for his actions.
"As a teacher, it was my responsibility to tell students that marijuana is a dangerous and illegal drug. Instead I selfishly shared my own problem with them," said Bochin.
Even with the no contest plea, Bochin still faces more than 10 years in prison or probation. ABC-30 legal analyst Tony Capozzi is certain Bochin will serve some time.
"School teachers are entrusted with a lot of responsibility, and to do something he did requires some sort of punishment and for the public to know the laws are being enforced," said Capozzi.
Bochin has undergone an in-patient drug and alcohol treatment program, attends three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings a week and volunteers at a local hospice. His attorney hopes that incentive will be enough to keep Bochin out of prison.
"You have to hit rock bottom sometimes before you can turn around," said Elia.
Bochin will learn his fate during his sentencing, which is set for December.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Aww HELL Naw!
That's hella crazy! No way! I cant believe it! He's wrong all the way around, but dayum! He couldnt wait till after school? Couldnt take a quick break on his own? Had to involve KIDS??!!!
Makes me think more than just student teacher smoking was going on in that class.
CRAZY!!!
chops~
What a wonderful blog you have, I have been reaadding it and enjoying it a great deal.
Im adding a link to you from my blog and I shall return soon.
John G.
It's just a shame so many refuse to hit rock bottom alone.
Hi, I just wanted to stop by and read some more of your blog. There is always something I missed the first time around so it's a lot like visiting for the first time. Like the famous words say "I Shall Return".
John G.
I think anyone who is smoking pot and in AA shouldn't be allowed to sub.
Post a Comment