Monday, October 31

You Liked That Movie?

"Saw II" Much for Competition

Saw II promised lots of blood; it delivered lots of bucks.

The grisly horror sequel, in which the determined Jigsaw picks up where he hacked off in Saw, delivered the box office's fourth-biggest October opening ever, per estimates from Exhibitor Relations Co.

Its $30.5 million take was more than enough to top the weekend competition...

What is going on? Am I the only one that hated Saw? It had to be one of the silliest movies I've ever seen. There were so many holes in that storyline. I've debated with more than a few people who tried to convince me that Saw was really good. Sorry guys I have too much taste to fall for the okie doke. I rented the movie and I'm still pissed they got my money.

I hate...I repeat I hate watching bad movies; especially, bad movies that sucker you in with a stylized, slick movie trailer. Or a movie trailer that catches your eye with a novel concept. Then you watch the movie and the execution is so poor that the novelty of the movie means nothing.

A few other films I found lacking in the substance department but grabbed my attention with great movie trailers: Scream; The Village; (I'll add to this list later)

While I'm on the subject of watching bad movies, I also hate when a film's buzz grows and grows and grows because word of mouth advertising is so strong. If you're like me, you finally give in and watch the movie because so many people have told you it's a winner only to discover the movie is as bad as you expected it to be.

A few films that I was duped into seeing: Sixth Sense; The Blair Witch Project; (I'll add more later)

Anyway, back to my original thought, I can not believe Saw II made that much loot in it's opening weekend. Sheesh!

2 comments:

Tasha Who? said...

Eh, nothing but a popularity dupe... As I told you before, I actually liked the first Saw, but a lot of it dealt more in liking the cinematography and the direction than the movie itself (although I thought it was pretty creepy as well). I had my doubts when i saw that there was going to be a different director... Either way, I usually don't look at how many people see it... I just read their ratings once they've realized they wasted a good 10 bucks.

Joaquin Mattison said...

You are not alone. I learned that all horror movies in the '04-'05 are all bad. A good friend of mine (his blog is deatley.blogspot.com) also hated Saw 2. I knew it would be bad, it looked bad in my opinion. I totally agree.