Wednesday, November 16

I'm Annoyed

  1. Why do people immediately ask me if I eat fish once I tell 'em I'm a vegetarian? Vegetarian - somebody who eats vegetables, fruits, grains, seeds, and usually eggs and dairy products, but not meat or fish
  2. Whose bright idea was it to use Sig Alerts on the So Cal freeways to annouce approaching freeway conjuntions? Seriously, you're causing traffic for no good reason. Motorists are slowing to read an alert that says "405 freeway is 10 minutes away." How 'bout we stick to using the alert sign for traffic alerts and amber alerts?
  3. Why do young mothers say "He/She is just spoiled" with glee in their voice when asked 'why their young toddler is incredibly fussy?' Raising bratty kids really isn't cute; especially when you expect your friends to grin and bear your kid's poor behavior.
  4. Why is that you can break your neck helping a friend but when you turn around and ask that friend to do the simpliest thing for you they are suddenly unavailable...for weeks or months?
  5. As I was leaving church walking to my car last week, why did a woman pull her car up to me and ask me to "speak like Peaches" with a big ass grin on her face. (If you don't know, don't ask.) Lady are you serious?
  6. Why has the mainstream media taken to calling 50 Cent fiddy cent? Did I miss Fiddy's renaming ceremony ala Sean " 'Puff Daddy' 'Puffy' 'P Diddy' 'Diddy' 'The Diddy' " Combs?
  7. Why did I pretend to be preoccupied when I spotted a childhood friend in Circuit City this past weekend and left the store without speaking. I know it's crappy but I wasn't in the mood for "what's been going on with you?" chit chat.
  8. Why can't my Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball team get on track? I've lost 2 consective matchups 4-5 4-5 and this week I'm down 1-8. Can a man catch a break?
  9. Why do overweight women always so things like "I don't want to lose my shape" or "I don't want to lose my butt/breasts" when they explain their reason for not dieting seriously? Conversely, why do overweight men say "I was at such and such weight and I felt too skinny"?
  10. Why am I overjoyed that the Philly Eagles lost their Monday Night Football game? I admit that TO is an ass but I think the Eagles organization, D McNabb and Andy Reid have all played a part in this fiasco. In my opinion, the Eagles should have acknowledged TO's 100 TD reception. D McNabb should have had surgery weeks ago on his sports hernia. Andy Reid should have coached better games (what happen to the run game Andy) and had his team better prepared for games. TO should really learn how to keep his mouth shut.

6 comments:

kathi said...

I call myself a vegetarian, but I eat seafood. Haven't touched any meat (but seafood) for 30 years. Sorry, don't be mad at me. So, what should I call myself?

Yup, sometimes you just wanna slap parents. It's those kids that grow up and annoy the hell outta me in classes.

I can relate to the being irritated with people when you do things for them and then they blow you off. I hate to ask people for help just becuase I don't want to put them on the spot.

Fantasy football? Again, no clue.

I think it must be an ego trip for the name change...I don't get it either. Would you mind calling me K.Gurl from now on though?

I've done that before, when you see someone you know (and like) but just don't feel like talking. Give yourself a break.

That's all... K.Gurl out

Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

LOL!!! LMAO, NOT Peaches, I am still laughing at that story, I am buying you a tazer!

Charles X said...

not trying to be a jackass, just wondering why you are a vegeterian?

Tasha Who? said...

1. I used to always get strange looks on my face when I mentioned my stepdad was vegetarian, and someone asked me if he ate fish... then I was introduced to the lacto-ovos and the vegans... what's the point? If you eat meat, you're NOT a vegetarian!

3. The mothers who do that also hate it when you try to halfway discipline their child. And then they grow up to be nutjobs, and momma can't understand why.

6. ... that just made me LAUGH. Of course, I always thought people called him Fiddy Cent... who knows, the name is dumb from origin.

... I can't think of anything else to comment... either way, definitely entertaining!

Shawn said...

Kathi- you know I don't know what you should call yourself. I would probably say I don't eat red meat or poultry.

Trent - you did find the whole story a little too funny

Charles X - refer to my comment here

Groove - Thanks...and thanks for the visit

Tasha - I'm always called mean because I tell my friends' kids 'no' or I speak sternly to them.

Fresh said...

See, eggs and dairy aren't vegetables. LOL! What DO you call people who eat fish then? As far as the signs, probably someone like me who always gets lost driving the LA freeways and needs some type of alert ahead of time before missing the daggone exit and sitting in traffic for an hour just to get to the next exit and winding up lost in Bellflower! I digress. Spoiled kids aren't cute. I hear you on the selfish friends. Tit for tat. I hear you on people asking you to do the character voices...a friend of mine asked Malina to say "Lance" for him. I was so embarrassed. Don't know who started that silly fiddy trend but they need to stop it ASAP! I feel ya' on avoiding people in stores...sometimes you just don't feel like being bothered. You lost me with the rest of your list....I was starting to feel funny about commenting on every single item on it anyway. LOL!