Tuesday, November 8

The Writing Session

went well yesterday. I thought it was going to be a frustrating night. My friend (the singer) hadn't clearly expressed what style of song she wanted to record and I really wasn't in the mood to create much of anything. Nevertheless, a song had to be written by night's end. The producer sang a hook (a chorus) to my friend and she loved it so we completed that idea. She and I sat down and wrote two verses; and we all pitched in to write the bridge. I think everything fell into place nicely. I'm some what pleased with what we've created. I think I'll like it more once the lead and background vocals are laid. Here's a snippet of what we wrote. It's a Contemporary Christian ballad.

- I'm reaching out to hold you
'cause I know that it's cold when you're all alone
Let me be the friend that you need
and the shield that protects you from all of this pain

By the way, I'd like to thank kathi and hassan for sharing how they've worked through their creative blocks. I'm gonna implement those techniques in the future.

3 comments:

kathi said...

Had no doubt, none at all. Hope someday you'll tell us more about it.

Hassan said...

Knew you could do it.

If you get the opportunity, I'd love to hear more about it too.

Chops said...

That's great! I cant wait for the finished product (that is if you can share with us)!

I've never written with a group of folks before. Is it difficult at times?