Yesterday I called Spiritual for some laughs and he didn't disappoint.
Spiritual: Hey Shawn!
Me: Hey Spiritual! (pseudo serious) I have something important to ask you.
Spiritual: Okay!
Me: Do you believe everyone has a soul mate?
Spiritual laughs which makes me laugh. You know the drill.
Spiritual: Ok, I'm 'bout to hit you with something real deep.
Me: Oh god, let me brace myself.
Spiritual: No, I don't believe in soul mates. I believe in spirit mates.
Me: Are you nuts?
I break out laughing.
Me: Ok. I'm done
Spiritual: What?
He laughs
Spiritual: I'm serious. I believe me and my wife are spirit mates. God joined our spirits together.
Me: Oh brother!
Spiritual: See, a soul mate is of the flesh. Its strictly physical. That's how I classify my last relationship.
I'm laughing hysterically by now
Me: I can't do this with you. I'm done. It's a wrap! Only you could hit me with something like this.
Spiritual: Ok. I'm serious. This is real!
Me: Goodbye!
Spiritual: Bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Laugh away, darlin...but I like that. Never thought of it that way, and not sure I believe in it anymore (spirit/soul mates). But I do like the idea of it, and I understand the difference he's talking about between the spirit and soul.
Yeah, I'm a pain in your butt. Feel free to call me for a laugh too. :)
LOL. I have to agree with Spiritual. I like how it was broken down. The soul is based on flesh. Spiritual mates sounds better to me.
Wow! I learn something everyday off folks blogs.
That was kinda deep actually. Hmmmmmmmm. I'll take both though cuz I'm complex. LOL!
Kathi I am still laughing about spirit mates. Spiritual will be happy to know that his theory made an impression on you.
Shai Agree away Shai. He'll be please as punch.
Creole Mmm mmm mmmm!
That was about as deep as a wading pool. I don't believe in soul mates ... spirit mates ... whatever dude, it ain't THAT deep.
Chele Hehehe! I'm there with you
OKay there's no difference for me. Your soul has to have spirit to survive...
Post a Comment