Monday, March 26

My Eyes Doth Not Deceive Me

Went to the local beauty supply chain to buy some lotion and to my surprise the male cashier is wearing... Scrunched face. No! It can NOT be I think. Double take. Triple take. Hmm! My eyes doth not deceive me; dude is wearing acrylic nails. What in the hell? I can't even lie. I was bothered by the sight and considered calling the chain's corporate office to complain. After leaving the store, it took ten minutes of chanting to myself "its none of your business Shawn. Let it go!" before I decided against contacting corporate.

10 comments:

Mrs A. said...

oh honey! i hate that....especially when i'm getting mine done and men are in there too getting their's done too. well, were they fresh or cracked up and time for a refill? were they french or colored?

African girl, American world said...

now honey why did you take offense to the point of wanting to report this? He rung you up for what you came for right?
I just don't see the problem.
*running*

CreoleInDC said...

I'm with African Girl. Don't be throwing stuff at me either. Humph. I throw back. LOL!

What made you want to call corporate? I'm sure SOMEBODY up in that camp knows he has acrylic nails. LOL!

And you'd better answer...this will be a good one and a good payback for taggin folks all willy nilly!

Shawn said...

Mrs A LOL! You are funny. They weren't colored. That's all I remember.

Mwabi Yes, he cashed me out.

Personally, I don't think his fashion statement is a appropriate professional look for a male employee. Of course, that's an admitted personal bias of mine. Moreover, I think his statement reflects poorly on the store.

I was gonna call corporate because when I don't like anything about a store e.g. customer service; store cleanliness; employee dress code, etc. I usually refuse to shop at that store again. So, me and my opinion was gon' be heard by corporate 'cause I think my opinions are that important sometimes :-D. But then I thought about it and said to myself "Self! I really think this is inappropriate BUT its really not important in the grand scheme of things. Self! Keep your trap shut and keep it moving." And that's what I did.

Creole You loved that tag...admit it! ;-) I imagine the manager at that location is aware of the acrylic nails. Corporate, however, I have to wonder about. But who knows?

Fresh said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!Whooooooo!!! Stop It!!!!

chele said...

That is nuts. Maybe he needs them for his night job as a female impersonator. I can just see you chanting to yourself as you walked out of the store. LOL

kathi said...

Okay, so now my comments are disappearing...that's just sad.

Shawn said...

Kathi Oh no! My blog is eating comments too? That sucks. Sorry.

SP said...

LOL! If you didn't like that, you would hate one of the guys I used to work with. He has a long weave, wears sparkly lip gloss, and carries a purse!

Harold Gibson said...

Okay now I won't feel so bad for acting so odd in a MAC makeup store trying to buy some make up for my then aspiring actress daughter. The sales person was a transgendered male to female who had a weave, nails, makeup, arched
eyebrows, and a five o'clock shadow.