Thursday, March 22

Time To Make That Change

"Its time. Time to make that change. We are the people who can do it." - Its Time by Winans

Yea, its that time. It breaks my heart to say it but I must push away from the cookies, pies and cakes. Waaa waaa waaa! Y'all know how much I love my treats. However, things are fitting a lot more snug these days than I like. So, as of this week, I have moved on from my fatass phase and into my waist management phase. Monday I kicked started my program with a slim in 6 vid; Tuesday I tried Tae bo extreme; And Wednesday I got my butt kicked trying to do Wi.nso.r Pilates. I am taking a break from exercising today but I'll be back on the grind tomorrow. I think I'm going to shoot for losing 10lbs.

New pic (for those who haven't seen it on myspace)



Don't you love finding old stuff you've written? Sometimes the writing is so bad that you can't do anything but laugh. Other times, you rediscover a gem that touches your heart...again. Anyhoo, I was rummaging through some old files on my computer and found a song I had written many, many years ago. I knew an artist that was working an album and I had every intention to approach her about recording the song but somehow some way that conversation never transpired.

I present to you a snippet from the vault of Shawn, the former-kinda-sorta-song writer in his fantasy life. ;-)

Verse 1

You looked right into my eyes

I wanted to die

Said you were leaving me


Said you had to go (you)

Weren’t in love no more

Hoped we could still be friends


Change


Never thought I’d see the day

You would turn and walk away

I’m gonna wake up in your arms

Its just a dream you didn’t leave

But when the morning comes

I realize I’m all alone

And every day I sit and cry

Wishing you were by my side


Hook

Why’d you go away

Said you’d always stay

But you left me all alone oh baby


I’m so confused

I don’t know what to do

Since you left me all alone oh baby

5 comments:

Shai said...

Wow! That's a deep in your soul moan song. I see you have many talents.

African girl, American world said...

LOL at the sweets. Quitting just as you got me on them huh? Well I eat the Weight Watchers kind :)
I left you a comment on myspace bout the pic.
Yeah I agree reading stuff you wrote is something kinda special for the exact reasons you described :)

CreoleInDC said...

Nice teeth! LOL!

I liked the song. Fo sho fo sho.

kathi said...

I love seeing your pics, you can't post enough of them for me.

The song touched...who were you thinking about when you wrote it?

Shawn said...

Shai Not many talents. Just a few. ;-)

Mwabi Oh I got you hooked? Hmmph! Wasn't me!

Creole Thanks! 3 years of braces. I like to show 'em off from time to time

Glad you like the song from my wannabe songwriter days.

Kathi I have no clue what I was thinking about when I wrote this song. I actually asked myself the same question as I was reading through the lyrics. I usually don't draw from personal experience when I write. I pull stuff from other people's lives or I'll daydream a scenario and go with it.