yesterday @ 3 something in the morning I hear the AOL IM chime on my sidekick. groggily I pick up the phone and read the message.
friend: Shawn are you sleep?
Me: Yes
I put the phone down and go back to sleep. I hear the chime 2 more times before I fall back asleep.
Later that morning when I rise (at a decent hour) I read the other 2 messages
friend: are you really sleep
friend: why did you answer
I was annoyed she sent the first IM but after reading the 2nd and 3rd IMs I was even more annoyed.
Me: Why the hell did you send me an IM at 3 something in the morning?
friend: how was I to know you were sleep? so I asked
Me: when I told you I was sleep why would send more messages? are you nuts?
friend: what's your problem? you're mean. how about I not call you for awhile!
Me: No, I am not mean. You're crazy for sending IMs at 3 in the damn morning.
At 6am this morning I hear the AOL chime again.
friend: did you hear the news?
Me: Yes
friend: yes you heard the news?
I don't answer. "Yes" seemed like a sufficient answer to me. Five minutes later.
friend: will you be attending the event?
Me: who knows
friend: huh
I don't answer. I guess I don't have a very good command of the english language.
Don't you hate it when people find ways to annoy you at the start of your day?
The event friend was referring to is spiritual's engagement.
Yesterday late afternoon I receive a voice message from spiritual:
"hey what's up? I am calling you back. Bee and I are engaged. Bye!"
I call him back laughing.
Me: Spiritual, who calls and leaves a "Bee and I are engaged. Bye!" message?
We laugh.
Me: So did she cry?
Spiritual: No. She screamed.
Me: Oh my god! So did you propose at the restaurant where y'all had lunch?
Spiritual: No. I proposed at church.
Me: You're crazy. Who does that? Who proposes at a church? You're going on the blog.
Spiritual tells Bee that I have pegged him a religious zealot on my blog - she laughs.
Me: Why did you propose at church?
Spiritual: Ok, this is what happened. Bee and I had talked about where we would get married. She had already chosen a particular church. I told her we should go look at the church. She was upset with me for wanting to look at the church because she knew it was under construction and refused to get out of the car once we arrived. After I took a quick look inside I convinced her to get out of the car and show me around. She pouted but agreed. I asked her a few times if she was upset with me. Then I asked her to look at me. She refused. I kept asking her to look at me. When she finally looked, I dropped down on one knee and proposed. Then she started screaming.
Who proposes at a church? besides spiritual!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I need your number. I was up around 4 a.m. with nothing to do. :)
I hope I wasn't the cause of your removing Friday's post about the Timber Wolf thing. I'm hugely sorry if you got busted for anything. I did repost some of it over on my page, let me know if you want it removed and I'll take it down.
did you ever find out what she wanted at 3 a.m.? that is a little crazy.
Congrats to Spiritual.
kathi - nothing to do? what about all those shows you have taped on DVR? I am not so friendly @ that hour.
chele - No, I never inquired. More than likely she wanted to engage in idle chit chat.
yeah? so what hour are you friendly??
I'd say 10a-12p are my friendliest hours.
I hate it when people do that. I always answer a ringing phone. Then I have a hard time going to sleep. Plus there is the rare occasion that I actually carry on a full conversation while sleep. The next morning, I don’t even know it happened. Who knows what I said?? That’s the time to ask me stuff you really want to know.
Congrats to Spiritual and Bee.
Post a Comment