Sunday, February 12

oops

  • I forgot to include this pic in the last post. This is monster minutes after mom had finished my hair; minutes after he was showing his ass with all that wailing

Image hosting by Photobucket
shaking my head as I look at him you can't be serious


  • Yesterday I spent time at youtube catching on the grammy performances I missed this past week. It was comical watching Chritina sing against Herbie's playing. Those jazz chords he was playing really was throwing her off. I'm not a fan of hers but I've never heard her get out of tune that much during a live performance. Anyhoo, Spiritual and I got into discussion about the grammys and Mary J. that lead to this exchange


Spiritual: Did you pick up the breakthrough
Me: Stop. I would never subject myself to that bad singing. She can't sing
Spirtual: Shawn, Mary can sing
Me: No, she can't
Spiritual: Yes she can. The breakthrough is the hottest album the last 2 months.

He breaks into one of her new songs

Me: album sales have nothing to do with talent
Spiritual: Mary is very talented Shawn. You just don't like the key Mary sings in

I fall out laughing. This is the most insane madness i've heard in awhile. I'm thinking you can't be serious

Me: No, that's not it all. I don't like the key Ray J sings the song One Wish but he's singing in tune. I don't like Mary because she sings off key. More times than not she's out of tune and anybody that knows anything about singing will tell you so.

And let's not talk about those bad runs and that unnecessary hollering. Screaming doesn't mean you can sing.

News Flash Mary Fans: The chick can't sing. You know it and I do too. If you like her style, her music, her story that's great I have no problem with that. However, don't try to have an objective conversation about the merits of her talent with me if you're not trained in music or voice or willing to admit its not the singing that makes you fan. One thing is true, she'll never ever be a good singer.

  • I'm riding along on the freeway Thursday when I look to my right and notice a lincoln towncar stretch limo sitting on hydraulics. as I passed by I noticed the driver had his full on gangsta lean happenin' - you can't be serious

  • I was speaking to a friend, margie, last week who made a startling revelation: a friend of hers, PW, reads her son's school books to him while he plays video games because he refuses to do it himself - you can't be serious. there's no way in hell I'd do it. What is it with some parents? Speaking of parents, why do most parents feel 10 -14 year olds should have cell phones?



  • I am watchin Olympic coverage as I type and I just noticed they now have a women's hockey event. Umm...where have I been? Hey, I just watched a Samsung commercial featuring my new phone.


9 comments:

kathi said...

This should be several posts cause I'm not sure I can keep straight all I want to comment on.

Monster ~ what a player!!

I just wateched the Grammy's this morning. I hope whoever was over the sound had their butt fired, unbelievable!

I'm so with you on Christina singing with Herbie...and Mary with U2, all sad. I did kind of like Alisha with Stevie though. And I did enjoy watching Jamie Foxx get into it, loved that. The guy can sing. Mariah was impressive with the choir. All in all, I've never seen so much talent in one place not be able to put on a decent show.

And, I do agree with you completely about Mary J.

The mom reading to the kid? I'm beyond mad. She is honestly not doing that kid justice by making life so easy for him.

The cell phone... My kids got one when Charlie was in the 7th and Casey in 9th because I got tired of always looking for them, waiting for them when they were suppose to get out of football at 5ish and I'd be sitting till 6ish waiting for the coaches to decide practice was over. Then, they were to only be used to call and tell me when and where to pick them up. I've never regretted it and they've never taken advantage of their phones. I'd always check the phones history every day, way back when...don't need to anymore.

I am so glad about rehearsal going well. And that it sounds like you're going to enjoy being around your new 'show family'. I hope you know how happy we are for you and how much we're all pulling for you. Thanks so much for sharing it all with us. Makes me feel included.
Love ya Shawn.

African girl, American world said...

how in Sam's hell are you gon read to/for your child while they play video games?! What good is that doing? *shaking my head*

The madness must end! These are the same parents that disagree when the teacher says said child isn't doing well in clas......

I have to play catch up in your archives so I can get up to par on this production you speak of.

Michael said...

I so want a cake like that for my next party. It's a repro of the cover from the January 1967 issue. One of those heroes on the cover doesn't come back from the mission... FYI, Timber Wolf was introduced in Dec. 1964 but didn't join the Legion until Sept. 1968.

Sounds like the show's going to be a good one. With a 6-month lead time, though, looks like it'll be fall at the earliest. Dang, can't wait that long!

Rose said...

Some of these moms are really screwing theses kids up. As far as Mary she is okay. I think people get real singing mixed up with singing with emotions. But I do like Mary because she does sing with so much emotion and pain...

chele said...

I won't argue with you about Mary's singing ... clearly I would lose the argument but I still love her.

Whoever the parent is that is reading schoolbooks to her child while he plays video games needs to be slapped. My son wants a cell phone -- he's 15 -- I told him when he gets a job and can pay the bill I'd be happy to get him one. What he doesn't understand is that no one will be blowing up his phone more than me!

I'm glad you got your howl on and that the recording went so well. It's always better to go to a job that you enjoy than one you dread.

Shawn said...

kathi - I think you like Monster.

That mom is sad

tsk tsk tsk about the cell phone. I'd have to sit and wait till 6 or have them use the coaches phone to call me.

I'm glad you're enjoying the inside peek. Thanks for being so supportive

Mwabi - I hope that mom wakes up very soon. Her son is about 10 years old.

The production is The Legi.on of Supe.r Her.oes - an upcoming animated show

Michael - the show should be really good

Rose - I agree with you on moms messing up kids.

Most people get singing with emotion mixed up with real singing. Mary is definitely emotional. Enjoy!!!

chele - that mama should be slapped.

I am glad some parents are resisting the urge to buy their kids cell phones. Thank you.

Working in a happy environment is great. re: recording - thanks

Michael said...

Oh, and regarding kids with cell phones... parents nowadays want their kids to have a phone so they can always be in contact. Seems to me that we grew up just fine with no cell phones, where our parents trusted us to be home at a certain time or to call them from a friend's house. There's a lot that we used to do that parents today would find unacceptable.

Bballmom said...

Shawn,

All three of my kids (16, 15 and 13) have cell phones.(prepaid ones) They go to 3 different schools, three different schedules and basketall teams. During the day, the phones are off, but they are required to have their phone on after school. I panic when they are out (with friends, practice, etc) and I can't contact them.
My husband is a coach and I wish more parents would get their kids phones. They act like we are obligated to let them use ours. Nobody is trying to pay that bill.

The parent reading to her child is TRIPPING! She is setting him up for failure. He would have no video games in my house if he's not reading his books. Forget about it!

Glad the recording went well.

SP said...

Oh my. He looks so cute and innocent. How deceptive.

Didn’t watch the Grammys, but I a not a Mary Fan anyway.

A stretch limo with hydraulics? I was on the road the other day and saw an old 1970’s van so beat up it look like it came from the junk yard. Broken windows, splotchy mismatched pain, tape holding on the rear view mirror, yet they had the nerve to have shinny new spinners on it!

I can’t believe that parent reads to her son! Why would she let him play video games anyway? That game system would have gotten thrown out in the trash!

I’m glad recording went well. It sounds like a job you are really going to enjoy.