I spoke with the customer relations rep @ T Mo corp and he was real cool. He contacted me because he received the complaint I filed with the Better Business Bureau per the suggestion of Mr Trent "I don't deal with them hoes. When companies act up I report them girls to BBB" Jackson.
J.esse apologized numerous times for the error that lead to my complaint and for the issue being dragged out so long. He went on to tell me that T Mo values me as a customer and wanted to make sure I knew that. He said the 2 reps lied about T Mo having a policy that prevents customers from receiving future credits/bonuses once they've accepted any one credit/bonus. He made it clear that he would have those reps reprimanded by their 'coaches' (I assume that's T Mo code for supervisor) for giving out that misinformation. He also said it was well within the business care reps authority to issue the $35 credit that I requested to offset that activation for the 2nd line I wanted to add to my account. He added that it would have been a smart move for the rep to issue the credit to keep me satisfied as a customers.
Je.sse asked if I was still interesting in setting up a 2nd line and if I was still interested in receiving a $35 credit to offset the activation fee. I told him that I honestly didn't know. I told him that I was still up in the air about remaining a T Mo customer and that I was strongly considering paying the $200 early termination fee to get out of my contract. He said he understood and thanked me for my honesty. He then said I'd to share what I am prepared to offer you:
1. Activation fee waived
2.1st month of service free on my new shared minutes plan
3.Credit on my account equal to amount of the new phone I would purchase
I told him that was a great offer but I needed to time to decide if I am staying or leaving. He then said he noticed that my current balance hadn't been paid so he was going to take my balance to $0 as a courtesy and that wouldn't change his original offer. I thanked him for the credit and the great offer.
We ended the call with him telling me to contact him if there were any future problems with my account/T Mo and with him requesting that I notify him before 1oth of Feb about accepting or declining his offer because he had 10 days from the BBB notification to file paperwork with BBB to let them know whether or not my complaint had been handled satisfactorily.
So what do you think? Should I stay or should I leave T Mo?
Saturday, February 4
Stay or Leave?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Stay for now with the condition that they don't give you any more hassles. Get it in writing!!!! If they screw up again then terminate the agreement. If that don't screw up for the rest of the contract then consider yourself lucky because companies like them are notorious...when your contract expires seriously consider moving to another carrier. I've been fortunate with mine thusfar. *knock on wood* I had an issue about two years in when I didn't know that I could renew directly with the corp. and not the agent who sold the phone. I reported the agent to the authorities for false advertising and shady business practices. The corporation's legal department dealt with me and made sure I stayed a customer of their company. They did piss me off recently though when I overpaid my bill and they told me I had to wait something ridiculous like 90 days to be issued a check instead of crediting the money back to my bank account where it was auto deducted. I could have made a huge ass stink but I didn't have the energy.
bernie - it'll definitely cost a whole lot more to change carriers. I'll have to pay the T Mo early term. fee plus new activate at new carrier and purchase a new phone.
I was so caught off guard by Je.sse's generosity, I forgot to make my pitch for appearing in a T Mo commercial...dang!!!
berry - i hadn't thought about getting it in writing. May I ask why you are so opposed to T Mo? I remember stating "T Mo sucks" in a previous comment. Which carrier are you in biz with currently? Wait 90 days for reimbursement? No way I could wait. You sure you don't want to take Trent's advice and contact BBB?
Ha - I have T Mo as well. Just be glad you don't have Sprint to deal with for customer service. I'm thinking about switching - so it's hard for me to give wise counsel at this point!
Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal
I've been with Sprint for over 10 years, never had that first problem. The boys and I all have every bell and whistle they offer. No problems, ever.
I don't know anything about T Mobile, and I'm sure the phones and service are all similiar.
Awww... Jesthee came through!
In all honesty, I would't see any reason to go anywhere else. Just like any corporate company, Jesse did what he could to save face... I know from my past jobs with the wireless industry, they tell sales people and customer service reps alike to not give out a bunch of stuff, even if it seems the customer deserves it... only to have corporate turn around and do the opposite... it's a 2-faced battle when it comes to jobs like that... seriously.
But yeah... I would definitely take Jessthee up on that. Honestly, I couldn't see you getting a better deal anywhere else. Not only that, you are back to Square One with a new company, and the same crap goes on in ALL of them.
Not only that, the bad things you go through usually rest on the individual, not the company. Do like I do: if I don't get what I want, or I don't think that I was dealt with fairly, just hang up and call back, and speak to someone else.
Well Shawn if you enjoy being with the company overall then that's what's important. Weigh the pros and cons and I am sure you will come up with the right answer. This is not easy to advise someone on because it really comes down to what is best for you. The others have given you good advice. They seem to believe you should stay so maybe that is a good choice for now. If you have anymore problems, then you may want to leave. Anyone can have problems with a company once and it not mean anything but if things keep happening then cut your losses. By the way, it's my birthday tomorrow.
jfrank - why are you thinking about switching?
kathi - I am disappointed. I thought you'd be a voice of objective reason considering you've heard all of the facts. Instead you're a walking Sprint ad. :-)
Tasha - lol @ you and the "jesthee." you know he didn't sound as sweet live as he did on that voice mail you heard.
I tried the hangup and call back method, it didn't really work this time.
The deal is really good. I am certain I am gonna accept it. I'm gonna be in Nextel withdrawal when I no longer have unlimited incoming. The thought of it makes me shudder.
stacyd - after dealing with je.sse, I am more inclined to like T Mo corp again.
Stay.
It's a good deal and the customer service department came through -- which is what you wanted in the first place, right? Who needs the hassle of switching just to prove a point?
I say stay. You are getting a good deal and it would cost a lot more to move.
Post a Comment