Thursday, February 2

Send It COD

  • I am jonesing for some cheese and caramel popcorn from Garrett's in Chicago. If someone from chicago could send me a pound that'd be great!
  • Is it really that hard to understand the 'right of way?' It means you go first. At a 4 way stop sign, the car to the right of you has priority and the 'right of way.' When cars driving in opposing directions approach a signal light, the car making the right turn has the 'right of way.' I've counted 5 times this past week that cars making a right turn while I was waiting to turn left actually stopped to allow me to turn first. AArrggh!!! If I woulda known you weren't going to follow the rules I woulda turned long time ago
  • Anybody know anything about vitamins? 3 weeks ago I started taking multi-vitamins for the first time in a year and my appetite doubled. At first I was taking them in the morning with breakfast. This past week, I've been taking them right before bed and my appetite has decreased. Anybody know the reason that happened?
  • Don't you hate it when you're visiting someone and they insist on playing music you don't like? After they've asked if you'd prefer not to hear a certain artist or selection?
  • Why do black people think Vaseline is lotion? News flash: it's not. "Mineral oil and petrolatum are not moisturizers they are lubricants." They sit on the hair[skin] like liquid saran wrap. Take a graham cracker and put it in a glass of mineral oil and leave it for about an hour. A graham cracker, no matter how long it sits in the mineral oil will not absorb it. These oils just sit on your hair[skin], not penetrating the hair[skin] where the oil actually needs to be, thus the reason they are not the best oils for our hair[skin]. Taken from here I inserted the word 'skin' in the text because the same principle applies.


Isn't she lovely? Isn’t she wonderful? Isn’t she precious? - Stevie Wonder
Image hosting by Photobucket
Isn’t she pretty? Truly the angel’s best - Stevie Wonder

Image hosting by Photobucket
Do you see those sexy cross eyes?

There has been a bit of confusion. The above pics are of Hottie from The Flavor of Love

  • SP - Project Runway was so boring last night. Nick started in with all that bitchin' again about 'his' model. I can't look at Daniel man-that hair. He has an odd way of talking too. He's feeling himself now, isn't he? I liked Chloe's dress the most. I think Santino's spirit has been temporarily broken. He looks so unsure of himself when standing in front of the judges...i love it. Why did I keep screaming at the tv (and my friend's ear) "remember, you're not going home aundrae! Don't look so worried!"
  • SP - RR/RW Challenge Beth is too old to be behaving like she does. She looks like Jack Nickelson as the joker. I know we've estasblished this already but she's nuts. I love how they have to kiss ass so she doesn't throw the missions. Kara needs to go. Are you as confused as I am about the supposed 'alliance?' When she did her confessional about 'how it felt so good to hear 'kina' tell her she was doing a good job' I was like how are you? You're still seeking approval...fake approval at that. Katie's been flying under the radar this season hopefully she can add some spice next week.
Shout out to Mark for doing a great job designing a flyer for me. I got the finished product yesterday and they look real good. He was very patient with me in spite of the numerous changes I had every 10 minutes. :-) However, I am still a little upset he left me on his 'forgetment' list for such an extended period during the holiday season.

Also, for those of you that don't read Berry's blog, please take a minute to read this post "Take 10"

23 comments:

Stacy-Deanne said...

Interesting post, Shawn. Please go back to my blog when you get the chance and comment under my Black Programming post. I especially want to know your opinion since you are an entertainer. I'd love to see what you think of this merger.

chele said...

My bad ... I thought the car that arrived first had the right of way. I'll try to do better.

You've stumped me with the vitamins.

Black people think Vaseline is lotion because it's cheaper. I've seen our folks use Crisco in place of lotion ... Lawd have mercy!

chele said...

Oh yeah ... thanks for sending me to Berry's blog. I really enjoyed it.

Shawn said...

stacyd- I sure I thought hit you with a comment on that post last night.

chele - at a 4 way stop sign, if the cars arrive at different intervals then it's first come, first go. But if the cars arrive at the same time then 'right of way' involves yielding to the car to your right. Glad you enjoyed Berry's post. It's a keeper.

SP said...

I wish I was in LA. We would have to get together to watch reality TV!

Why does Hottie always look psycho?

YES! When Nick started in again about the model, I was just done with him. He’ll be gone soon at the rate he’s going anyway. Daniel has a big head and he’s not even that good. He only won because he used flowers and no one else really did. Did you hear Santino say he wished he won so that he could go crazy on the next challenge and not be in danger of leaving? That would have actually been interesting to see what his idea of crazy is considering he made that feather ice skating outfit on a normal day.

Didn’t you know Beth is crazy? So is Derrick. I loved the semi-fight they had when she won the gauntlet. Why was he so pissed at her? He didn’t make it across that rope thing. None of them did so they all should have just shut up. Kara and Suzie are funny. Did you see how pissed off they were that they weren’t allowed to push the truck full of people? What do they weigh, 80lbs each? Even if they weren’t in a supposed alliance, I would have told them to stay in the truck! They will definitely be the next two girls off.

SP said...

Almost forgot, it may be the nutrients in the vitamins you are taking. You may want to try a different brand with different amount of vitamins or even different vitamins.

And if you think people don’t know how to do a 4 way stop, you should have been in Florida after Wilma. We didn’t have traffic lights for a month in lots of places.

Fresh said...

Yeah, the best time to take vitamins is at night after you've eaten dinner. If you take them in the a.m. be sure to eat breakfast first. Congrats. Thanks for explaining right of way...people refuse to follow the rules of the road and then wonder why they are ALWAYS in an accident. Ugh, vaseline...I remember in h.s. I would carry a jar in my purse for my lips. LOL That is a cool experiment with the graham cracker and mineral oil...might need to try it with the kids one day. That 10 minute post is great...now if only I could follow my own advice and get out of my own way. *huge sigh*

Fresh said...

Oh yeah, more importantly...who is that on the red carpet????

kathi said...

First - "you want me to visit more blogs? sheesh" Sound familiar?? But I, unlike those I won't mention, will check out his site without complaining. :)

Second - Who is the picture of? She does have some gorgeous eye, but I don't know who she is.
Is she part of Project Runway? I've not watched that either, it has male models on it too? May have to checkt that out!

Lastly - I had no idea that it was whoever was at the right went first. Didn't know that who ever was turning right had the right of way either. Thanks for the driving lesson babe...

Okay, I've had to do the word verification THREE times now. You've rigged this, right?

SP said...

Berry & Kathy – I can tell you don’t watch Flava of Love. That is crazy “I look like Beyonce, my breast are a size 36DD, Microwave chicken cooking” Hottie from the show.

Shawn – One of my friends is so obsessed with Smiley that he found her myspace page. Don’t ask me how, I didn’t want to know. I just now know he has stalker tendencies!

Waddie G. said...

I can hook you up with the popcorn, but it might get stale by the time it gets to Cali...LOL

I love me some Hottie!!! She is a hottie...kinda special, ain't she?

Darius T. Williams said...

Yup - I love Garret's too - but only the cheese kind. I'm not into that Caramel stuff...

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

Shawn said...

SP - We would have a blast laughing at these fools.

Hottie looks psycho because she IS psycho.

re: santino...you're right...he's already out there with his designs...the feathers!!! Hahaha!! I don't even want to imagine what his demented brain woulda conjured up if he has granted immunity. Speaking of which, I don't like that they gave immunity to someone. That defeats the purpose of the concept "One day you're in and the next you're out!"

I am not feeling Daniel much either. I think the orchid top he made last week was tight.

re: RW/RR the Derrick/Beth spat was comical. I love how the veteran is walking on egg shells with those two being the captains. I love it.

I was thinking the same about about Kara/Suzie last week. There's no way they woulda been able to move that truck. They're definitely next to go..thank god.

I need Anissa and her mohawk to removed from the premises too.

4 months without traffic signals? Yikes! I woulda had uncontrollable road rage.

berry - thanks for the vitamin tips. I finally asked a doctor friend he said the B complex in vitamins is known for increasing metabolism.

Well, get out of the way woman. What are you waiting on? Someone to move you forcibly? ;-)

That's Hottie from Flavor of Love...our favorite show. Don't act like you don't know!!

kathi - hehehe! thanks for the reading the blog without complaining or making a fuss

Pic is Hottie from Flavor of Love. I was being facetious about her eyes.

Please don't watch Project Runway expecting to see any male models you'll be highly disappointed.

I didn't rig word verfication. I think blogger is just acting crazy.

SP - lol...not the double DDs.

Smiley has a myspace page? Damn, who doesn't have a myspace page these days? Has he joined her buddy list.

Don't think I am stalker, ok? but as I was tooling around technorati 2 weeks ago looking for project runway fans I noticed that Santino has a website. I didn't visit his page.

profg - we may have to make paypal/COD/or something arrangements. Depending on when you buy it then ship it it shouldn't be stall upon arrival. My friend used to fedex me packages of popcorn all the time and the freshness was good.

Oh, man...I'm gonna have to ask you to step away from Hottie and the DDs. She's special alright! The short, yellow bus special.

Shawn said...

jfrank - not into the caramel crap? Are you nuts?

Shawn said...

berry - tell me you don't carry vaseline in your purse anymore?

Fresh said...

Shawn: I told you I just couldn't watch that show! LOL! B-complex...do men even need that? It's a great vitamin blend but mostly recommended for women. And no, I've upgraded from vaseline...do you know how long I've been out of high school? Don't ask! Anyway, we have this company out here...the chocolate carmel popcorn is a culinary sin! http://www.daleandthomaspopcorn.com/?channel=GGL&keyword=popcorn+Indiana&gclid=CKrV-Oq1-4ICFUoRGgodTiIZsA

Rose said...

Shawn you know alot of folks use vaseline and lotion mixed. It makes the lotion last and no one wants rusty skin..(LOL)

kathi said...

Her eyes reminded me of Tracie Ellis Ross (now that I'm addicted to the show, which the rest of my family runs when I watch it saying it's such a chick show, lol)

Shawn said...

kathi - oh I see. Yes, she does have eyes like Tracee.

SP said...

You have me laughing over here. I wanna see Santino's website! What's the address? I agree with you, they shouldn’t pass out immunity.

What is up with Anissa’s MoHawk? She bothers me.

Yeah, I think everyone has a myspace page now days. Did you see the previews? Next week, someone is going to be revealed as an ex-stripper. I think it is Smiley, but my friend thinks it's Hoops from the way she did those splits the other day. I can’t wait till it comes on Sunday!

Shawn said...

Rose - I hear you but I repeat Vaseline is not a lotion. It's not a moisturizer. I know you read what it is does, right? It never penetrates the skin.

SP - If memory serves me correctly his site is http://www.santinorice.com/ Let me know if you read anything funny.

Next week's FoL is gonna be good. An ex-stripper, the NY explosion, the lie detector exams...can't wait either. I was thinking Hoopz was the stripper myself.

Shawn said...

berry - we also may have to make some sorta arrangement for you to ship me some these sinful chocolate/caramel treats.

markwashere said...

ok, so because of a little teency forgetment, you're gonna let that big-breasted cross-eyed chick upstage my moment in the sun on your blog? shawn, you're a shady vindictive somebody, man. that's cold.