Monday, February 6

Bait and Switch

I was bamboozled yesterday by VH-1. Without warning they aired repeats of the Flavor of Love. I have to wait another week before I see Gita's reunion with Fufi Fufi.

Has anyone rented 11:14 yet?

Click here and check out contestant John. Make sure you click on his name to see a bigger pic. Friday night I was channel surfing and stumbled on that show.

The Stevie Wonder pregame show seemed unrehearsed and unpolished. The singers' mics weren't turned on at the appropriate times; India.Arie trying to dance threw me off; Stevie Wonder's forehead is in Califoria while his hairline is in Texas. Why won't he go completely bald? He's more than half way there already; Memo to Jo.ss Sto.ne: you're not a soul singer. I cringe every time she sings.

Seattle did everything right in the 1st half of the game except score points. I am still in shock that Seattle shot themselves in the foot so many times throught out the game - although they got plenty of help from the refs with their suspicious penalty calls. I'da sworn the refs were on the Pitts payroll. Maybe it's me but I thought the game was a bit boring. It was competitive througout and the score was close but I was ready for it to be over. I guess not being a real 'fan' of either team didn't help. Congrats to Jerome Bettis for going out in style.

I went to the T Mo store yesterday to pick out my new phone and ran into a new problem - the new phone I want cost $400. The phone I told Je.sse I'd probably buy didn't appeal to me as much yesterday as it did a month ago. There's a $150 difference in the two phones. You think he's gonna spot me for the more expensive phone? I hope so. I hope he doesn't think I am a con artist now.


6 comments:

kathi said...

I was thinking the exact same stuff on the pregame show.
Nope, not rented 11:14 yet. Never even heard of it till you mentioned it. But, I'll look for it, cause that's the kind of friend I am. :)
Get the better phone, if you don't you'll always wish you had. If you can afford it, just do it. And oh yeah...send me the number for it. :)

princessdominique said...

Thank God you said something about it. I thought I was crazy or missed it or something. I'm flipping channels and scratching my head trying to figure out what's what. I didn't watch the game though, slept straight through it.

Fresh said...

Honestly, I think you've gotten about as much as you can milk from poor Josh. Either cough up the Buck fitty or get the other phone ;-) Oh God, can I take more Gita and Fufi Fufi??? Some of Joss Stone's stuff sound "alright" but she's not all that people make her out to be...didn't see the performance though.

chele said...

OMG! Stevie's hairline ... you are just wrong. That daggone Joss Stone had me fooled with her first album ... she is soooo tired.

Shawn said...

kathi - i'm glad you're that kind of friend. Send you the number so you can send outrageous text messages at 4am like friend? No way!!! :-)

bernie - hahaha....sit down indeed

princessd - well the bad part is you didn't really miss anything. It was a very forgettable footnote.

Berry - so harsh berry...you don't think we can squeeze him for just a bit more?

Yes, you can take more fufi fufi and gita. She's gonna be conducting lie detector test in the next episode.

you can have Jo.ss. The performance was a bust.

chele - duped by J.oss? i'm shocked. I'm not as wrong as Stevie or "his people" who won't tell him the truth :-)

SP said...

Oh Honey, you know I was upset about Flava too! I was waiting to see it. I do have to admit, I hadn’t seen the first episode before, so I did get to watch that. Still, that’s no excuse for them tricking us.

Wait! I don’t have WE! I’m so upset now. I have to find out which of my friends do. I can hold their TV hostage. Wait? Is John in drag? I think so… Oh, I’ve got to get WE now!

Didn’t watch the pre-game show but I did see the game. What was with those calls? And Big Ben did NOT get a touchdown. The ball clearly didn’t go over the line! I was so upset by that. Neither team is my team, but come on! Fair is fair.

$400? Well, get it, but be prepared to pay for it if he says no.