Tuesday, February 7

I Just Left

Borders book store where I discovered they're currently discounting african american literature 3 for the price of 2 - cheapest item is free.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I am leaning towards buying at least 2 Eric Jerome Dickey books that I haven't read - Nice or Nasty and/or The Other Woman.

The RM Johnson book - The Million Dollar Divorce - seemed somewhat interesting too. Johnson has another book - Dating Game - where the lead characters are name 'Alize' and 'Hennessey.' I coudn't take that one seriously enough to finish reading the back cover after reading those character names.

So what, if any, recommendations do you have for me of good African American literature? Fiction preferably.
ADDED: Receieved this a minute ago Coretta King's Funeral Program

7 comments:

kathi said...

Sorry...don't have any.

Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

How about At This Moment By: Trent Jackson...

just a thought.

chele said...

Have you read any of Carl Weber's stuff? e.g. Player Haters, Baby Momma Drama, Married Men.

SP said...

I just read The Other Woman. I thought it was good. I gave it to ShellyP so you can ask her if she likes it so far. I was just at the book store yesterday looking around. I was actually going to get Chele’s book, Raymond’s Daughters, but they didn’t have it in stock. They ordered it for me. I thought that Pearl Cleage’s book, Some thinks I Never Thought I’d Do sounded interesting, but I haven’t read it so you can’t take my word for it. I picked up one yesterday, but I can’t remember the title right now. I’ll let you know what it was.

Shawn said...

Trent - you know I like that idea. I also like the idea of you sending my autographed copy you promised many moons ago.

chele - I've read Married Men. That was pretty funny. I haven't read anything else by Weber. I'll have to check out his other offerings.

SP - Hmm.. "The Other Woman" I'll add that to the list. I'm gonna look into the other ones you mentioned also.

Fresh said...

As many published authors that are bloggers, you shouldn't have a problem finding something ;-) I've been reading a lot of chick lit lately so no suggestions right now.

ShellyP said...

Haven't really even started the other woman book yet. I did love Gotham Diaries by Tonya Lewis Lee and Crystal McCrary Anthony.