2. Man, I sure did enjoy my short break from blogging. I was so used to waking up to reading blogs and writing entries that I didn't know what to do with the extra time the first 2 days.
I just want to know why I couldn't think of a single thing to write before the break but once the break began I had numerous things to share. Hmmph!
3. Sterling's lunch surprise never happened last week. His mom and I didn't see eye to eye on something so I nixed the entire thing. I'll go into detail later.
4. I'd like to give Beyonce and da girls a big round of applause for their performance at the NBA All-Star game. They put their foot in the national anthem. I thought the arrangement was really god. Man, those chords they were singing were sick. It was nice to hear Kelly sing live without sounding hoarse (I see you Kelly. You were holding that top note down), nice seeing Beyonce not take over the song and Michelle wasn't half bad herself.
5. So has anyone been keeping with the drama between speed skaters Shani Davis and Chad Hedrick? I can't believe some of the stuff the press has been saying about Shani. I especially love how many have called him a 'non-team player.' Duh! Last I checked speed skating is an individual sport. I decided to do a little research on Shani/US Speedskating assoc/the Hedrick feud/and his mom. During my search I found this article which is the nastiest thing I've read... a few excerpts:
"I want American speedskater Shani Davis to lose Saturday in the Olympic men's 1,000-meter race - and lose badly."
"Davis might be a terrific skater, but he's a lousy teammate. He's not exactly somebody you want in your foxhole.
"It's bad enough that Davis, who is striving to become the first black competitor to win an individual gold medal in the Winter Olympics, put his pursuit of personal glory above the success of the team. But he did something every bit as deplorable. He knowingly, maybe intentionally, let down a teammate."
"He missed a chance to be a team player, to selflessly help Hedrick do something special, to endear himself to America, which loves to root for the good guy." - Ain't that about a bitch. I guess Shani's special goal paled in comparison's to hedrick's...
Read the entire thing here. I was heated after I read this madness. I can't believe this paper allowed this trash to be printed. This writer should be made to print a public apology.
6. Why is Hype Williams giving everyone the same video with the panoramic view layered on top of the the full screen backdrop? I swear it was Hype Williams hour on MTV Jams last night. I saw 3 consective videos with that same look back to back - Beyonce, Robin Thicke & Ne-yo
7. Speaking of Ne-yo, So Sick is my new jam. "So sick of love songs; so tired of tears. So why can't I turn off the radio." Man, I love that hook and that chord he sings in the bridge..."leave me alone."
8. Bubba Sparxxx's new video Ms New Booty had me in hysterics yesterday.
9. I don't know why this popped into my head the other day. I think I was watching a lubriderm commercial and I started chuckling when I thought back on how I used to think white people didn't use lotion or understand the purpose of lotion until I was much, much older. When I was younger I always found it odd that only white people appeared in lotion commercials. You don't know how many times as a kid when I spent the night a white friend's house that I had to walk around ashy after a shower because they didn't have any lotion in the house. Naturally this only happened as a result of impromptu sleep overs where there was no chance of packing my own bag...'cause y'all know black mama's don't play with ashiness and uncombed hair.
10. After the lotion bit I remembered how I used to think white people didn't go to church either until I was about 14 years old. Growing up, all the white friends I had rarely, if ever, went to church. I used to love spending the weekend at their homes because on Sunday mornings the family never got up to attend church. I thought I was in heaven - we'd sleep in, or watch tv, or go outside to play - no church.

7 comments:
Baby baby baby, you've made my day!! I may be one sick pup, but for some sad reason, I really missed ya!
The first church I ever attended after I became a christian was an all black spirit filled church in Indianapolis. We'd go to it when we visited Indiana and by the time the boys were 8, maybe 9, it was pretty much 1/2 and 1/2. The church we joined here was a spirit filled Baptist, and once again, all black. My kids did a lot of growing up in that church, but the pastors moved and it didn't survive. There is a lot of difference in the freedom you have (or feel you have) to praise and worship in different churches.
Singing like Rev. Ma$e..."welcome back,w elcome back, welcome back!" Thought you were gone for good. I thought it was a mistake when your blog showed an update.
kathi - hey there...that was a nice email you sent out. It was really thoughtful. By the way, missing me doesn't make you sick at all.
So you've attended a couple predominantly black churches...that's interesting. Spirit filled Baptist? What? That's shocking Hmm...Were these churches in the Missionary Baptist Assoc?
Berry - Not Rev Mase...(barfing right now) Gone for good? Naaaawww! I was just following your lead and taking a break.
You are back! Good. You were missed.
You need to take back over the Flavor updates since I’ll be out of town next week. I’ll be dying to know what happens. Don't forget to watch the PR reunion show tonight. I'd bet you anything that Nick cry's about his model again.
I’m glad Shani placed better than Chad. I saw the news where Shani said he had nothing but respect for Chad and he hoped he did well. That the media was making a big deal out of nothing. If the article made you mad, I don’t think I can go read it.
We never attended church either, so I didn’t think anything of it. Now the lotion thing! Ain’t that the truth!
Shawn, I just changed the design to my blog yesterday. I am still on break from posting because I'm getting some things together. You may be happy to know that I am planning a Book Club tour here in Houston. Yes, I will visit select book clubs this summer and get to know the members. As you know, I'm very shy but I think this kind of setting will be fun for me. Gradually I will get more comfortable around people in various settings. I'm young so I have time. I plan to be back posting by the middle or end of next week. Honestly, I don't have much to say, LOL. Visit my blog and give me your opinion of the new design. I guess you're tired of Blogger huh? Is that why you're moving? Also, you gave me confidence when you said you thought I should have a tour. Thanks that meant a lot.
Glad to see you back!
I cannot get over the negative response to Shani. Damn. Give the brotha a break. Like you said, this is not a team sport. Let him do his thing without all the drama -- his win is a win for the US so what is the daggone problem?
You and Sterling's mom need to kiss and make up so Sterling can get his lunch with Unky Shawn.
I really like that song "So Sick". I heard it yesterday for the first time.
SP - I don'tk know what to say about being missed...thanks.
Thank you for the PR reminder. Believe it or not it had slipped my mind. I KNOW Nick is gonna be on one tonight.
I'm glad Shani placed better than Chad too. I wish he had won the event. He was leading the entire race 'til the end. I hope he gets more endorsement deals. He made a comment about not ever being able to recoup the amount of money he spent getting to the Olympics.
Stacyd - I am excited to hear about your tour. I'm sure you're gonna love it. I am even more surprised that my words somehow encouraged you to give it shot.
Blogger is cool. I just needed a change. I'm gonna give the other place a try.
Chele - I am glad to be back. :-)
Shani's situation just riles me up. The media and Hedrick really made a big to do about nothing. He was entitled to make the decision he made about skipping team pursuit.
I want Sterling to have his special lunch...we'll see if a compromise is reached.
Post a Comment