Thursday, August 17

Always A Riot

Gosh I love Friend. I just never know when she's gonna hit me with a new relationship funny. This week's highlight:

Friend: my Redskins season tickets came finally.
Me: cool
Friend: i'm so glad i didn't put them in my name now...
Me: wait a minute...what? why would you not want the tickets in your name?
Friend: you know how people act when they're getting a divorce - real petty. I don't have to worry about any of that foolishness.
Me: FRIEND (I call out and laugh) you never cease to make me laugh
Friend: Shawn its true. He ain't getting my tickets.
I have an audition for a video game today. Looks like fun. Then I have to work on the webstore and the t-shirt logo. I might have been rescued from shopping cart hell. I'll know for sure later after consulting with a web designer. Crosss your fingers people.

I'll be around to visit tomorrow.

8 comments:

dmarie said...

that one made me laugh too! btw, I get a little giggle outta "lotion, potions and lipsticks" every now and again. Ha!

Also--If you're still having the issue with setting up your online store, there are some free and easy-DIY type programs I know of. Let me know if you want info. GL

chele said...

An audition for a video game? I'm dense ... a commercial for a video game? A character in a video game? A voice on a video game? Good luck with whatever it is.

Shawn said...

dmarie - Friend really does bring some good ones.

lotion, potions...still cracks me up too. LOL!

hey, thanks for the DIY tip.

chele - you're not dense at all. my audition could be for a commercial or a character voice. It just so happens I auditioned to voice 2 of the characters featured in the game.

kathi said...

Good God, don't even get me started. Just found out that my 'hubbie' took out a $32,000 loan for a truck for a friend of his because their credit wasn't good enough. My attorney asked me if I wanted the truck...lol, maybe I do.
Good luck on the job babe, fingers crosssed.

SP said...

LOL! I wouldn't give him my tickets either!

So, how did the audition go?

African girl, American world said...

hey babes...making my rounds :)

Shawn said...

kathi - uh oh. you're thinking not about taking the truck if the friends is still making the payments are you?

SP - the audition went well. I had to do a spooky evil character so that was a lot of fun.

Mwabi - hey lady

SP said...

Ohh, sounds fun!