Thursday, August 10

The Finale

I spoke with a woman from Ralphs corporate this afternoon. She first spoke with the cashier then phoned me. Our stories matched up until I shared some of the extra stuff the cashier failed to report that she had said. She told the corporate rep "I was very nice to him but we get people trying to return stuff all day every day without receipts." The corp rep said "after listening to your side of the story I think the cashier should've known that you knew what you were talking about and should've taken you more seriously."

Our chat ended with her asking if wanted to speak directly to the store manager about Joanne's behavior? Or, if wanted her to speak to the manager and have him reprimand her for attitude?" I opted to have her call him. She was gracious enough to call me an hour later to share that the store manager was off work for the next two days and that she'll be contacting him on Monday.

At this juncture, I'd say I'm satisfied and probably will forego writing that letter to the BBB. All is well again. I've complained, I've been heard, I've been refunded and them fools won't be getting anymore of my money.

9 comments:

African girl, American world said...

The ordeal is over and you're happy. Life can go on once more :)

I'm able to use blogger today

SP said...

If looks like it has all ended well. I would probably forgo the BBB too.

By the way, no PR updates or FoL recaps this year?

Shawn said...

mwabi - go mwabi making her resticted blogger rounds his morning.

SP - Yea, sorry SP I just haven't the clarity of thought or time to write the recaps.

SP said...

:o(

princessdominique said...

Man it took me eons to finally locate you! lol Glad you were heard though. More people should follow your lead rather than complaining to each other.

Harold Gibson said...

Good work Shawn. Consumers ought to pro-active and demand proper customer service. I like your style!

Rose said...

I think you did what you were supposed to do. Stores, people etc., can not make changes unless we let them know what they did wrong.

Shawn said...

PrincessD - sorry for the mix up. I've been all over the last month. :-D LOL!

Harold - Yes, when afforded the opportunity I do believe you must demand it.

Rose - Yes, they need us to help guide them at times.

Fresh said...

SAFEWAY! LOL