Thursday, September 21

Bad Attitude

After hibernating in the corner for a long, long time yesterday I put on my mean mug and made the necessary phone calls to get my refund. Mission accomplished. Now the hunt begins for a new designer. Sigh! Oh joy!

No sooner than I had finished putting out the fire with the designer and the payment processor (who forced the designer to refund my money) I receive a call letting me know another fire has flared up.

Immediately, I text my cousin a detail message letting her know she needs to make a very important phone call by the end of business so we can get matter resolved. She replies "nervous breakdown on my way to looney bin!" WTF? I really didn't think anything of it until I found out later that my cousin failed to make the call.

Later in the evening my cousin IMs me:
Her: Im so foreal about N/B in the hospital.
Me: told you they need info from you. But it's whatever at this point
Her: Unless u want that woman to think im crazy we need to let the valium kick in
Me: ok

I don't know if I was supposed be moved by the nervous breakdown business but I wasn't. If anything I was more irritated. Her ass is coherent enough to text me earlier in the day. Sane and rational enough to IM me later in the evening but she needs meds to prevent the on-set of her breakdown? Whatever!

6 comments:

Fresh said...

Hey...been super busy but I'm still checking in :-) Can't wait for your new show!

chele said...

It's a real bummer when you HAVE to depend on someone else to do something important. Hope it works out for you.

kathi said...

I'm with you...the excuse doesn't fly.

African girl, American world said...

I saw the show and taped it! Yay!! So exciting!!!

ShellyP said...

Hope the fires have died down.

Mrs A. said...

the jury has voted...nervous breakdown gets a BOO! i'm with you, the time it took to have a text convo, a phone call could have been made. p.s. i was also in the hospital this weekend...but i was watching your show, not having a breakdown *sniggle*