I immediately return to the church after my brief detour to drop kick LMBA into her carseat. I find a hostess to help me find my seat at the reception. She asked for my name then scanned the list for my table. I was told I was sitting at table "Philippians" located at the opposite end of the church hall. "I am sitting where?" I ask thinking, hoping and praying I've heard incorrectly. "The table where they have you seated is called Philippians. You'll see a card with your name on it."
Only Spiritual I think as I make my way to my seat.
At the Philippians table I spend a short amount of time getting acquainted with CStarr aka the unofficial wedding mc. We have a quick laugh about wedding related stuff then I notice something that seems a little odd - the wedding party's table was smashed against a stage that had been setup. Natually I inquire with CStarr if she knows why that stage is present. She tells me that live music is supposed to be played during the reception.
CStarr is summoned to introduce the wedding party by the pushy and overbearing wedding planners. The introductions turn into an awkward moment. It seems the wedding planner gave CStarr the wrong introduction order. You'd think the wedding planners could get that straight, right?
Finally it was time to eat after the blessing was said by the Reverend Doctor. And time for our live entertainment. Folks that's when I got the biggest laugh of the day. Remember the stage? Rememeber the live music? Well, I wasn't ready for this
5 comments:
LOL!!!!!
Please rent a caar and stay at a hotel next time..I'll contribute to the fund :)
@ mwabi - I second that!
OH MY to the entertainment!!!! :-O
they took it waaaaaaay back, circa the mighty clouds of joy...me oh my! great snippet!
Mwabi - you're right. I'll never stay with Friend again.
Chele - duly noted
Mrs A - somebody listened to the snippet. Isn't that hilarious? They took it waaaayyy back. WAAAAAY back.
That is soooo funny that CStarr said she wouldn't sit next to you again!
Post a Comment