Saturday
Friend wakes up at the crack dawn, like 7 in the morning, and comes in the room to turn the tv on. She never explained why it was necessary but asked me if it were ok. Keep in mind people I'm still on west coast time. Granted I am an early riser but damn, we didn't get to bed until after 2:30.
She turns the tv on and immediately jumps on the phone to rehash the details of her evening. I am pretty much forced to wake up at this point so I jump on the internet briefly to kill time.
Friend throws on her sweatsuit around 8 then asks me if I want any breakfast. I tell her I'm not hungry and she leaves. Fifteen minutes later she returns home with Yummy who had spent the night out at her aunt's house so Friend could go out.
When Yummy enters the house I'm told that I can't keep watching my DVD because Yummy has to watch her cartoons. I protest a little. Friend tells me the tv keeps Yummy quiet. I'm all for quiet children I quickly hush and find something else to do. I read one my books for awhile; surf the internet again; and finally I decide to touch up my hair but not before I ask Friend if we can grab some breakfast. I am quickly shot down. Its too much work carrying Yummy in and out of the house. Shoulda gone out with me when I left to pick her up.
The next hour I spend touching up my hair while Friend continues reliving the exploits of the prior night over the phone, making breakfast for Yummy and halfheartedly attempting to take the cornrows out of Yummy's hair. Yummy had about 16 braids in her hair and Friend took down 4...in an hour's time.
After I finish doing my hair I iron my clothes and take my shower. As I'm getting dressed Hubby comes upstairs to begin getting ready for work. I offer "Wassup Hubby!" to which I get less then lively"Hey!" with no eye contact. I chucke to myself and finish prepping.
Time is just wasting away. I'd say its now 1pm and Friend isn't close to being ready to head to the wedding. She's still on the phone; still faking like she's taking her daughter's hair down; and now she's complaining about Yummy's bad attitude and how much she knows Yummy needs a nap.
Tick tock. Tick tock. Not much progress has been made by 1:30. I tell Friend we're going to be late and miss the wedding. She tells me we're not going to be late and if we are its no big deal because weddings never start on time.
By 1:50 she pulls herself together and we prepare to walk out of the door.
On the way to the church she informs me that she has no idea where it is. She recalls Spiritual telling her its between this street and that street but she doesn't trust his directions. Whatever route she takes ends up being a bust. The street the church is located off of doesn't go all the way through. She can't figure out what major street we're supposed to be driving down to get to the street where the church is located. We drive around in a circle making rights and lefts for a minute before she decides she wants to ask the local residents for assistance. Great! We pull up to Grandma Pearl and Granpa Earl. For the next 5 minutes we listen to Pearl give us directions to the church that include such precision as "go around this bend and when you see X kind of house you make a right." LOL!
Somehow some way we figure out Pearl's coded directions and finally make it to the church....several minutes after 2pm - the official start time of the wedding.
When we pull up to the church we think we're luck because there's a a parking space directly in front. We see hands waving us off from inside the church so we make a u-turn and search for another spot to park. Friend is griping and complaining because its rainy and she doesn't like the neighborhood. Hehehehe! Mind you she lives in Southeast. Ok, ok. I know all of SE isn't bad but its funny how uppity people get at times.
We park and head inside the church. The ceremony is already in progress. As soon as Spiritual sees us entering late he chuckles a little bit. I point at Friend and shake my head disapprovingly and laugh with him as we grab a seat.
To Be Continued
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
ok I'm going say it.....why r u friends again??
for real...or r u just playing around with your posts and you have mad love and positive things to say about her at other times?
Mwabi - my posts are all true. I told you reality is way better than fiction in my life.
Everyone has those special friends.
Bernie - Stressed? hahaha! are you serious?
How long have y'all been friends? Good to have people so close that you can be yourself and laugh.
Oh, that's the thing I hate. I would kill her for making me late to the wedding. I understand being late most of the time, but not for something like a wedding!
Post a Comment